Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overnight letter wanting me to run 80:1 premix until its brought in for oil pump upgrade. Also included coupon for free gal of APV oil and another for $100 off anything in 2003 accessories and parts catalogue.

It runs great and have had 0 problems with the sled. Over 1000 miles.

What are the dealers doing to yhe oil pump?? Are they replacing it?? The letter states that all the burn down problems have been related to this issue.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
tbone, if you have over 1000, miles on your f-7.
and no problem's, i wouldent do a thing to it
if it hasent went down by now.....
chances are it will not have problems.
i have 550 miles on mine .and no problems.
i am going to role the dice. and leave it
where it is right now, my oil use is right where it
should be. i will say i do dump a couple oz,
oil in gas tank once in a while. B)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
They aren't replacing the pump. They are adjusting the arm that connects the pump to the throttle bodies. Some were misadjusted from the factory

·
Registered
15 Posts
***Chances are you won't have any problems?**

If you have received the letter and use the coupons, I would have the service done. If not you may have a problem down the line when something does happen. Arctic Cat will know that you have received the letter and chose not to pre-mix the oil or have the service done.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree, if you have the service done than you will receive the gallon of oil and $100.00 off on any accessories you want FREE. I called my dealer and they are going to do it on Tues. of next week. It takes about 1/2 hour for the fix. I needed to get more oil anyway, so now I'll bring my sled and get it for free!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Dropped mine off saturday for the oil pump adjustment. I hope i don't experience the problems i've been reading about regarding performance/smoke issues. I have 650 trouble free miles on my F7,and hated to mess with it. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I had mine adjusted last week when some other warranty work was being done. The sled had a whole 15 miles on it before the adjustment so I do not have a baseline to compare to. Doesn't seem to smoke excessively to me. I know I should have checked the useage ratio before having it adjusted, but there hasn't been any snow around here to ride on so I just had them adjust it while it was in the shop. I did not notice any troubles with bogging etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts