Hardcore Sledder banner
481 - 500 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
What sled would be For sale this year that's not done? Just because a "certain" sled brand keeps having continual Recalls and Stop Sell orders doesn't mean the others will suffer the same. Sounds like sour grapes and excuses,, and Bullshit Masters also claim things about other camps that just may not be true either, just to ease their own butt-hurt.
Would some of the. Things bullshit masters have said be. The seat isn’t to big The ergos are not outdated , the bodywork isn’t wide , the rear skid doesn’t need any update , - narrow sleds suck , small seats are bullshit , rider forward sucks , transferring rear skids are crappy. I’ve noticed a lot of narrative flipping in the green camp in last few weeks. Kinda odd how all the shit that sucked when doo and poo did it is now awesome and “game changing “. For whatever it’s worth doo used to be my least favorite sled recently cat took that title in my mind but with this new set up I’m hoping they move back into my 2nd choice in sleds of course they would have to put an adult size engine in it.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
3,148 Posts
Would some of the. Things bullshit masters have said be. The seat isn’t to big The ergos are not outdated , the bodywork isn’t wide , the rear skid doesn’t need any update , - narrow sleds suck , small seats are bullshit , rider forward sucks , transferring rear skids are crappy. I’ve noticed a lot of narrative flipping in the green camp in last few weeks. Kinda odd how all the shit that sucked when doo and poo did it is now awesome and “game changing “. For whatever it’s worth doo used to be my least favorite sled recently cat took that title in my mind but with this new set up I’m hoping they move back into my 2nd choice in sleds of course they would have to put an adult size engine in it.
In the bold above. "Gotta Love it"
So True!!

If they can get the comfort and handling in check with this new model they'd start gaining some traction and definitley would start selling more sleds.
"IF" that becomes a homerun for them they could get another sales boost by dropping that adult size engine in it that you speak of.
I'm no Cat guy but I'm pulling for them all the way to start catching up.

·
Vendor
11,631 Posts
you do know they (cat) are working on a 180 h.p. supercharged 600 for that new sled? sounds like a adult motor to me?

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
No I don’t know that. I guess that would qualify but I’d rather see it as a 900 with a supercharger. Why did Heidi say mention a big bore engine if they are gonna super charge a 600 ? Unless they are gonna do both. But then wouldn’t that put them at the same Hp. Spot ?

·
Registered
ZR8000 RR 2020 & ZR9000 RR 2019
421 Posts
In the bold above. "Gotta Love it"
So True!!

If they can get the comfort and handling in check with this new model they'd start gaining some traction and definitley would start selling more sleds.
"IF" that becomes a homerun for them they could get another sales boost by dropping that adult size engine in it that you speak of.
I'm no Cat guy but I'm pulling for them all the way to start catching up.
I jumped ship this year but always said that I hope Cat makes me regret my decision. Poo was last in my standings 3 years ago and I considered the VR1 and XCR at MY22 and can't wait to ride MY23 VR1 Boost... I will say that I would have preferred an XCR Boost this fatman likes to ride hard and get some airtime but we will see how the WE hold up to my 225lb dry weight lol

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
So a supercharged 600 has all the power of an 850, but with more weight less reliability and a lot more cost 🤷
And that 180 math isn’t working out. Take an 850 - 168. Call it 170. Add 3000? Dollars and now it’s 185 ? So 17hp. Take a 600- 125 They are not gonna add 55hp. To it from factory in stock state of tune. And at 180 it’s still short on power. That senerio doesn’t seem likely to me. Now if they supercharged a 870 -900. They Would have n/a version at 180. And forced induction at 200ish. That 600 senerio has to be fake news. Or they are gonna fall short .

·
Registered
358 Posts
Blew up my 2019 850 XRS last year, was an absolute rocket but nothing I own is close to stock. While it was down rode my wife’s 600xp and it reminded me how much fun a light 600 is in the tight stuff. Also rode my buddies 850 XCR which made my mind up that I wanted a 650 XCR. Must say, if BRP had of come out with a 650 that would have swayed me but they didn’t, hard to argue with a sled you can put together blind and have every tool, spare part, etc imaginable.

Ordered another 850 XRS but also a 650 XCR (for the wife, cough). May be more stoked for the XCR and I’ve been on bombi since 2012. Hoping this recall doesn’t hold it up although most early riding is way up north where the bigger bore is the sled of choice.

let’s see if Polaris can convert a yellow jacket, no 650 in doo may have been a mistake.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
3,148 Posts
I jumped ship this year but always said that I hope Cat makes me regret my decision. Poo was last in my standings 3 years ago and I considered the VR1 and XCR at MY22 and can't wait to ride MY23 VR1 Boost... I will say that I would have preferred an XCR Boost this fatman likes to ride hard and get some airtime but we will see how the WE hold up to my 225lb dry weight lol

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk
I'd get those shocks on the table for a 0 mile re-valve right away if you're truly a hard riding air time sledder.

·
Registered
'21 850 SWBA 146 with 2" Crossover Track
50 Posts
Did you guys read this in the November 2022 issue of SnowGoer Magazine page 7:
"... Polaris Staff Design Engineer Matt Prusak (no relation to this magazine’s editor with the same last name) took the media one step further. “First off, we have identified the root cause of the problem, that’s electrostatic discharge. We have the fi x identified – and when I say the fi x, it’s not just one fi x,” Prusak said. Later, on background, we learned there are actually three different fuel pumps that Polaris has used in its snowmobiles in different applications over the last decade. All are from the same vendor, and all have the same potential Polaris Issues Stop Use/Stop Sale Order On 10 Years Worth Of Sleds fl aw. The fix varies between the three pumps, but each one has been identified and is going through testing, Prusak said. Each will involve removing those fuel pumps and either replacing the fuel pump or modifying them before reinstalling. The original stop use/stop sale order stated that the problem was in part related to old gas. That said, Prusak stressed, filling your tank with new gas doesn’t solve the problem."..."

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,512 Posts
Starting the season, at this time of year, with a full tank of fuel, that is at least half fresh gas, solves the problem, for this season.

Before next season, you should have the fix performed on the affected snowmobiles.

·
Registered
49,019 Posts
A full tank of fresh fuel doesn't solve the problem because if u let it sit for an off season, the conditions for a problem are still there. Solving the problem and preventing the problem are 2 different things.
If the tank remains full all the time there is no problem. Its only when you let stay well below that, then you have a potential problem.

481 - 500 of 500 Posts