Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What oil is recommended for rebuilding shocks. My sled has the Fox Zero pros. Also on my front shocks I have a slight oil ring on the shaft after I compress the shock. Do you think I would be a good idea to replace the seal, and would this be covered under warranty?

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
I used amsoil light(5 wt) in a lot o shocks, worked out pretty good. The oil ring can be anything. HIGHLY doubt they would warranty a leaky seal, they instruct that the shocks should be done after new anyways, due to break in.

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
shock leaking oil is covered, changing oil is considered maintaince.

Krom

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't the shocks come with 5wt in them? I want to put the same weight oil back in. These shocks are perfect, don't want to change a thing.

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
they come with "medium" oil in them, amsoil calls 10# medium, But there is no direct chart to tell you what is compairable

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Originally posted by Krom@Sep 8 2005, 01:26 AM
they come with "medium" oil in them, amsoil calls 10# medium, But there is no direct chart to tell you what is compairable
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=865236
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that the standard AC snowmobile shock oil is 5wt not 10. I use 5wt in all snowmobile shocks. If there is need to change compresion or rebound I do it with shims. Increasing the oil wt is not the way to go. If you are happy with your ride as is I would just service with the Cat shock oil and replace the shaft seals and any other worn items.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why not use a heavier weight oil?

Can the shock oils be mixed? It seems like synthetic 5wt mix (Amsoil green) is very light sorta like water, and the 10wt (Blue) is kinda thick almost like injection oil? Can the two be mixed to get something close to a 7wt?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts