Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2000 miles on my sled now and haven't done anything to the shocks yet. They feel ok when you push on the suspension but I've heard from my mechanic that they should be rebuilt @1200 miles especially the way I ride. Has anyone done it and is it hard to do? Special tools needed? Dealer estimates $300.00 and Ilike to do it myself if possible.
Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Met you at cvm last friday looking at the f6. I rebuild shocks on the side. Fox shocks, you should rebuild after the first 400 or 500 miles. If you have 2000 miles on now you should have them rebuilt. You would not believe how dirty the oil gets on a new sled after the first few hundred miles. I have also seen new shocks that have hardly any charge in them. You will feel the differance in a rebuild. E mail if you have any other questions. The shocks are not overly hard to do if you have the right tools. You are looking around 400 to 500 dollars for the tools. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does anyone have a list of what tools would be needed. Seems like money well spent to be able to do it yourself (not to mention charging all my buddies). Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts