Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shock is gone on my 800 should I buy a rebuild kit and do it my self or rend it out. if so how much does it cost?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If you don't have the correct tools or knowledge you can't do it and you could get hurt. If you want to buy the right tools and get a manual you can do it yourself. I would look for someone local as you won't need to pay shipping. You should be paying $25 to $40 for a rebuild this will include oil change and a new IFP oring and a new gas charge. If you need shafts or seals expect to pay more. I would do all of the shocks on a 2001 you will be amazed at how better it rides on rebuilt shocks.

·
Registered
906 Posts
If you don't have the correct tools or knowledge you can't do it and you could get hurt. If you want to buy the right tools and get a manual you can do it yourself. I would look for someone local as you won't need to pay shipping. You should be paying $25 to $40 for a rebuild this will include oil change and a new IFP oring and a new gas charge. If you need shafts or seals expect to pay more. I would do all of the shocks on a 2001 you will be amazed at how better it rides on rebuilt shocks.[/b]
Resist the urge to take it in to a dealer. They will charge you twice as much and it will take twice as long.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
You could ship to Jbshock he's on here, Deycore at deycore.com I even do shocks. I don't know Canada but I'll bet if your town is more than a whistle stop somebody does it local.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
central ontario powersports will do a recharge for 30 a shock i think. but a rebuild will cost 80 plus labour.[/b]
Please post what you consider a recharge and a rebuild. Seals in a shock are around $15-$20 shafts $35-$45 how do they get to $80 plus labor? Not trying to pick a fight just asking.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please post what you consider a recharge and a rebuild. Seals in a shock are around $15-$20 shafts $35-$45 how do they get to $80 plus labor? Not trying to pick a fight just asking.[/b]
thats our local polaris dealer.

·
Banned
12,547 Posts
The guy that does mine(and he's excellent) charges $30 a shock which includes dismantling,cleaning,inspection,reassemble,recharge.Revalving is an extra $10.
Steve

·
Registered
527 Posts
Please post what you consider a recharge and a rebuild. Seals in a shock are around $15-$20 shafts $35-$45 how do they get to $80 plus labor? Not trying to pick a fight just asking.[/b]
i know your not trying to pick a fight but thats the price range that he told me (central ontario). from what i have heard he does alot of good work but will not re valve shocks stiffer, he will only replacing stock parts. when i took my shocks there he said that i should have atleast another year on mine, so in the mean time i will be finding someone with a more reasonable price, that will give me what i want. im thinking JBshocks

·
Registered
32 Posts
The guy that does mine(and he's excellent) charges $30 a shock which includes dismantling,cleaning,inspection,reassemble,recharge.Revalving is an extra $10.
Steve[/b]
I just had my Fox PPS rebuilt for $45 with stage 1 valving and my rear Ryde FX for $35 on my 03 600 XC. Local guy.

·
Registered
527 Posts
in our area, unless your willing to ship your shocks out people are going to charge you a arm and a leg for the service. i think in ontario alone i could prolly count how many people rebuild shocks on one hand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts