Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i would like to kno whats the best or easyist way to remove the rear track shock on the firecat. I need to have the shock rebuilt and would like to take the shock out myself to give to the guy to rebuilt it. i can turn the wrenchs just fine to do the job i just dont know what to take out. it looks like from this fiche im attaching you just take the top and bottem bolts out and the other that holds those 2 bars together and you have it but after looking around on my sled, its deff. not that easy. so any help is much appreciated. thanks.
-kenny

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have to also remove my shock and change the rear springs. I was told to follow these steps 1. Loose off track tension. 2. Set springs to the lowest setting 3. Remove two spring holders and bolts at the bottom of skid. 4. Remove just the two rear bolts and lower the rear skid leave the forward bolts in. Being my first time removing the shock if I missed anything please let me know and also any tricks to reinstall.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Found an excellent thread on arcticchat.com under 03-06 Firecat Chassis Forum titled Rear Skid Removal, you must check it out.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found an excellent thread on arcticchat.com under 03-06 Firecat Chassis Forum titled Rear Skid Removal, you must check it out.[/b]
thanks a lot i will check that out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts