Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear sus on my 99 zl 600 has almost no resistance when i push down on the rear bumper lots of sag wonder if i have a broken spring or my shocks took a crap. anybody got some input. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Is it different that it used to be? Check the springs first and if they look OK, the wire and the adjuster and retainer blocks, pull the shock and get it looked at. If the rear shock is gone you may want to replace the front skid shock as well, and then maybe the ski shocks should be replaced so you're new all around.

·
Registered
726 Posts
i was talking a cat dealer, and he said the shock`s only job is to keep the rear skid from flying out, once it has been compressed. so like if you crank a bump, and when you ge over it, the rear shock keeps the suspension from coming to hard/fast. i bet you lost some springage.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
same thing happened on my zr a week or so ago. had one broken spring. if its the shock thats gone it will usually wanna bounce you over the bars... that was a fun ride...lol but replace both springs if that is your prob. or chances are you will be pulling the skid to do the other old spring before you know it. also the slide blocks on the rails will probably need replacing, look to see if they are ovaled out. gl and let us know what it was

1 - 4 of 4 Posts