Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if I can move the rear suspension mounting on the slide rails to the forward position? Just because the holes are there doesn't always mean it will work. I see the cross tube brace must come out. I have the blocks out already and it's still too stiff for me. Anybody try this?
Everything is set as soft as possible. Does Cat have softer springs?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
You can but that will not make the ride softer. I know someone who tried it and that position lasted a half hour. Need more info to help out any further. SnoPro, Std, weight of rider, current position of suspension springs. If you are experiencing the "bucking" effect that would lead me to look at the suspension spring settings. Softer springs are available but your best bet would be to have the shock re-valved to fit your needs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
F7 standard, everything set soft, rider 240#, coming off of an M-10 machine. Riding style moderate (not nuts fast or putt-putt)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I don't think you will get the rear as soft as an M-10. Where might the coupler block be set at? If they are higher than 1 then change them to 1, if they are on one then take them out. If this does not work then best bet we be to have the shocks re-valved.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've tried a lot of things, I finally just pulled the shocks out to be revalved. I'll have them back tomorrow I hope. The rear torsion springs isn't as stiff as you think w/o the shocks. I can bounce it and bottom it out just jumping in normal standing position w/o the shocks. I don't think its the springs, but the valving. I'll let you guys know how it works. I sent all 4 shocks out.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I sent them steve at deycore.com. Duke recommended him. I'll post how I like them. He said $40/shock and $70 for compression adjustments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts