Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drop the back of the suspension to replace my shock by removing the tension and the front holders on the springs and just the two rear bolts. Now I am re-installing if I do it in reverse line up the two rear bolts will I have problems putting the front spring holders in? All help and any tricks is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Take the tension off the rear springs and it will bolt right back in. Also always put the front bolts in first.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take the tension off the rear springs and it will bolt right back in. Also always put the front bolts in first.[/b]
I have the tension on the lowest setting and only the rear two bolts out all I needed to remove the rear shock the only thing I am wondering after I put the two bolts back in the rear will I be able to align the springs and cups up front by hand? Please Help.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Yes, keep the spring blocks off and let the springs hang down until all four bolts are in -- this makes it a lot easier to align the back bolts. After its bolted in then put your spring blocks in. You have to be EXTREMELY careful -- just have the bolt through the block and then place it in the rail.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
a little trick ive found is to leave the bushings out until you have the front bolts in and then tap the bushings in with a hammer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts