Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help on this one. i'm thinking I need some new rear springs. I purchased this sled last year as a project. Not that I can't afford a new one but the snow amounts here (Ct) have sucked lately, and the price was right. When I sit the sled goes right to the bottom, I mean right to the wood. When i get off, comes right back up, I assume the shocks are working and there are no apparent leaks. Springs are cheap enough to replace dollar wise. I would hate to have to do it again if it were something else. 1997 Ext ett chassis, oem #'s are 0704-990 and 0704-991. I'm not a scrawny dude, but I'm not a fat guy either. I'm 5'11" 225. Other than this.sled is pretty close to perfect and runs great. I know I can get a better ride out of it. should I being going with stock stuff or maybe something different. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
your springs and shocks are both toast! you're gonna end up spending a lil' $$ but it'll be well worth it. get the new springs and have the shocks rebuilt/revalved. it'll be a completely different sled. if you want to only do one of them, do the shocks first. some shock therapy and 100-200lbs. of nitro will do wonders for sag.

·
Banned
695 Posts
Need some help on this one. i'm thinking I need some new rear springs. I purchased this sled last year as a project. Not that I can't afford a new one but the snow amounts here (Ct) have sucked lately, and the price was right. When I sit the sled goes right to the bottom, I mean right to the wood. When i get off, comes right back up, I assume the shocks are working and there are no apparent leaks. Springs are cheap enough to replace dollar wise. I would hate to have to do it again if it were something else. 1997 Ext ett chassis, oem #'s are 0704-990 and 0704-991. I'm not a scrawny dude, but I'm not a fat guy either. I'm 5'11" 225. Other than this.sled is pretty close to perfect and runs great. I know I can get a better ride out of it. should I being going with stock stuff or maybe something different. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks[/b]
Definitely go with the heavy duty torsion springs and of course a shock rebuild. I'm about your weight and even on my new Cats that were Cross Country or SnoPro models I had to upgrade the torsion springs. Good luck! :div20:

·
Registered
58 Posts
go with the heavy torsion springs.did it to my xc-8 and it transformed the sled into something you could pound.I just did the same thing to my 04 pro x 6,but have yet to ride the damn thing this year.I`m sure the sled will more to my liking.I weigh 200,but we load up saddle bags to tour,so i needed more spring than the standard set up.Fresh shocks will help too,but i don`t think the shocks to much to hold the sled up,thats the torsion springs job.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
According to my book the heavier set of springs for your sled be 0704-856,857. Sorry can't find the specs for the springs your dealer recommends.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks to all that responded. I replaced my rear torsion springs today. I got them from NESCO (2 days). I used 1704-134,135's. they worked absolutely perfect.
I'm hoping this will make my ride better, it should. the sled settles about an inch with my big ass on it. I needed to adjust the track a bit as well and the front shock spring. Seems perfect. Thanks Again

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
thanks to all that responded. I replaced my rear torsion springs today. I got them from NESCO (2 days). I used 1704-134,135's. they worked absolutely perfect.
I'm hoping this will make my ride better, it should. the sled settles about an inch with my big ass on it. I needed to adjust the track a bit as well and the front shock spring. Seems perfect. Thanks Again[/b]
Are you talking about NESCO in NY? They have great customer service- used to be my dealer before we moved west.
Mrs red

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.