Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=102188:attachment][attachment=102189:attachment]I am getting ready to pickup my ZR from my parents house (store in summer there). Looking at the rear suspension compared to my wife's Z370, it looks like my rear suspension may need some help. Seems to be sitting pretty low. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yeah, probably saked out the rear springs/shock's. how many miles since you last rebuilt the shocks, and how many miles on your rear springs.

My 01 800 did the same thing, I weigh around 225#'s with my gear on, so I added the Heavy duty rear springs along with the shock rebuild, did wonders. :beerchug:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sled is stock. I probably have 600 miles on the springs, shocks, etc.

Thanks for the information guys. I'll get to work on it soon before the snow flies.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Originally posted by sfairbro@Oct 7 2005, 10:13 AM
Has anyone had any experience with this product?  I was thinking about installing after I did the springs, suspension this fall.

http://www.lencco.com/html/limiter.html
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=914462
[/quote]

The last time I bought something with the lencco name on it, was a set of spring blocks for for my torsion springs... they lasted about 80 miles before they bound up, my new right spring bent, and I wore 1/2 inch grooves in both sides! :banghead: They never did anything about it for me either.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
The ZR's tend to sit lower anyway. There may not be anything wrong with your suspension. The Fox shocks should be rebuilt as part of regular maintenance, every year or 2,000 miles is the recommendation. Also, make sure the skid frame is well lubed, and lubed regularly. Don't judge your ZR by how your 370 looks.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
from your picture it looks like the rear arm is not against the stop..........looks like poss. frozen shock or broken spring..........the picture of the z shows the limiter strap for the rear arm maxed out............i would guess frozen shock on the zr.....

·
Registered
442 Posts
The reason the sled is sitting like that is because its on a dolly. my ZR 900 sits like that also on a dolly, and my spings are fresh, and so are my shocks. Put it on the ground flat and see what happens.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
If you moved your sizzor back to the next hole and check your blocks on the springs,it might be on the weaker setting, the two suspensions are quite a bit different.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
the zr has a limiter strap on the front arm, not the rear.......the z has one on both........if the shocks and springs are fresh, the rear arm pivot will extend forward until it hits the stop........if the shock is frozen it won't move enough.......if one of the rear springs are broken it will do the same thing........and you shouldn't do crack while you ride.............. :frech32:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by 81 Hydrostream@Oct 8 2005, 06:35 AM
The reason the sled is sitting like that is because its on a dolly. my ZR 900 sits like that also on a dolly, and my spings are fresh, and so are my shocks. Put it on the ground flat and see what happens.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915950
[/quote]
:withstupid: :werd:

Happened to me on the trail... thought I bent a spring or snapped a spring or blew a shock. Pulled up 10 feet on the trail and it was fine, something to do with the pivot point right under the front arm...

but, if you haven't had the shocks rebuilt yet, Cat suggests to have them rebuilt after the first 500 miles.

Worth the time to get them done now.. before the snow flies

SteveCZ

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
As someone mentioned, take the sled off the dollies and look at it BEFORE you make ANY adjustments. The ZR's sag bad when on dollies. Let's just say I know "someone" who loaded my, I mean HIS sled up on the trailer and took it to the dealer because he thought he had a problem with the rearend. Only after arriving at the dealer and taking the sled off the trailer did he realize the sled did not sag when not on the dollies :frech32:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Originally posted by SteveCZ@Oct 11 2005, 04:18 PM
:withstupid:  :werd:

Happened to me on the trail... thought I bent a spring or snapped a spring or blew a shock.  Pulled up 10 feet on the trail and it was fine, something to do with the pivot point right under the front arm...

but, if you haven't had the shocks rebuilt yet, Cat suggests to have them rebuilt after the first 500 miles.

Worth the time to get them done now.. before the snow flies

SteveCZ
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922680
[/quote]
that happens 2 my dad with his 2002 zr800cce

1 - 17 of 17 Posts