Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I know this problem was talked about before. Someone talked about their rear suspension collapsing. Turns out the cross shaft where the spring preload adjuster blocks attach to the rear suspension has only one weld per tube. Checked mine and these welds look pretty weak. Pulled my rear suspension and welded the other three sides where the cross shaft rests on the tube. Took about an hour and a half to do. Just thought you guys would like to know this. Hate to have this ruin your weekend. This may not have been necessary, but why take a chance & I've heard of a few breaking. Had mine out for it's maiden voyage & this sled kicks ass!!!! Think Snow!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I was seriously thinking of having mine welded too, when I pull the skid to install the 1.375" track and 102 1.4" Woody's Megabites! -- Roy

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was able to weld it without taking any part of the suspension apart once I dropped the suspension out of tunnel. THINK SNOW!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
CASEY MR F7,

Thanks for the info. I might bring mine over to my buddies house tomorrow who has a welder and take care of it. I'm glad to know that we don't have to dis-assemble the skid....
-John

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
this is the first time I have visited this site. Looks like a good one. my F7 will be picked up on thursday and I will ask dealer all the questions that have come up on this site. thanks tigger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts