Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my story. At the end of last year I noticed my rear suspension was getting really soft. All I had to do is sit on it and it would bottom out. This year I took it all out, took out the shocks and had them rebuilt. Did all the wheels at the same time (just make sense). I got it all back together today and I still have the same problem. I only weight 185lbs. My brother has the same sled and I can jump on his all day long and it won't bottom out. What is going on? I checked the big black springs on the sides near the back shock and they appear to be fine. Anyone able to give me some help???

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
The rear hairpin springs go away on these,replace them.There are different rate springs available.The larger the wire,the higher the rate.measure yours and get the next size up.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
:werd: Its the springs, not the shocks. Shocks only dampen movement, springs are what supports weight.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Make sure everything is tight. Bolts, Etc. Did you install the springs properly (Yes, the black coil ones). Turn the adjuster blocks so the highest side is up, this gives the springs the highest amount of tension.

Are you sitting on the machine on a flat surface?? Don't sit on it if it has wheels under the skis or track. This throws off the geometry of the rear skid and dosen't function properly. Make sure it is flat on the ground.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ding, Ding, Ding, Thank you! Thank you! Everytime I was checking it was up on the dolleys. I took it off the dolleys and there is no way it will bottom out. I did move the blocks up as well. :banghead: :banghead: :beer2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.