Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sled is killing me. I have 1300 miles, 4 pipes, been stranded 3 times, all updates, and now the spring block bar on the rt side snapped riding moderately in rough stuff. I was maybe doing 20mph stamding up in the moguls and all of a sudden this awful noise comes from the ass end. Mind you this stuff only happens at 12am. I am about ready to get a REV. This is my first new cat, and I am not too impressed with the craftmanship, quality, and durability of the F7. I feel like a test pilot.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tube snapped!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
you are not the first, already replaced some. cat says ''NEVER HEARD OF THAT". RAN ACROSS A CANADIAN RIDER THAT WEIGHED ABOUT 160 and his was broke.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer said my whole sled is shot including this part. I haven't even ridden it hard

·
Registered
575 Posts
Don't go to Rev. Cat has fixed all the minor problems on the firecats for 04. Trade in isn't very good right now but try and sell, Revs aren't all that great...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why is sled shot? Well let me fill you in: cracked bulkhead, cracked tunnel, cracked rails, bent track tensioners, ovalled rail holes, porous chaincase leaking all over, erratic speedo due to failed Voltage regulator on tunnel, rear spring block scissors broke, and dealer says he can't make it to new condition, and HE recommends AC replace it, the whole sled! You can't replace all that and expect it to be new again. The only good parts on my sled are the motor and sp track :angry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts