Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i got a '03 F7 sno pro. end of the season half the wheels were about shot etc. So i found a good deal on a skid out of an '05 F7 NON sno pro... anyway the cost of the wheels alone made it worth me buying it. my plan WAS to just swap my sno pro shocks to the '05 skid, i would get newer components, 4 rear wheels on the rear axle ETC. So today i ynked my skid and set it next to the '05 skid.......... Not looking good, neither the front arm or the rear arm goa as high as my snopro skid, firdt i thought shorter shocks, looks like the both shocks are shoter, but the front arm the limiter straps are shorter also.. got looking at parts fiche, looks like NOTHING crosses over from my sno pro skid to the standrard skid except bolts, spacers and washers. the rails, both arms, limiter straps, some of the other pieces of the rear arm, ETC are all different numbers. I'm sure some of these parts are updated thus the new numbers.

So who really knows these skids, can i simply swap my shocks and limiter straps off my sno pro to this '05 skid and have all the same suspension basically but with newers parts and the 4 wheel rear axle or is this skid all different in its geometry???

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Why not just take your front arm/shock & rear arm and shocks out of the other skid and slap them in the one that is better, otherwise I'd just start changing wheels...

are the rails the same? is there a support in the rear on the sno pro one, and not in the standard?

not much help, I guess, but you should be able to make somehting work out. :beer:

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my first plan for this was simply swap my SP shocks onto the "new" skid, i would gain all new wheels and bearings ( well 500 miles) and all other parts almost new PLUS the 4 wheel rear axle with a normal size nut for the rear axle!

rails are for sure different due to one being 2 wheel and the other 4 wheel. plus the axle is different...

as i look at it i really think swapping the shocks and limiter straps will do what i want overall, just hoping to find somebody who has done this before.....

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to me it looks like the wheels are too close to thenuts and bolts on some of the other parts of the skid, i think the nuts and bolts tear up the wheels when the skid flexes a little...

i was think about moving them two sets of wheels back one hole to get more room?????

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
Just swap your shocks, and adjust the straps. The part numbers have changed due to updates. You will probabally need to fab up a bracket for the mid shock remote, or use your 03 front arm.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What other advice does anyone have for the chipping idler wheels? It is very frustrating having to replace these things. I replaced all of the inner idler wheels and three are already shot after 500 miles.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
You must have some bad wheels or there is something hitting them like GSX said. I have 4000 miles on mine and they still look like new (and I have been studded for 2000 of the 4000 miles). :dunno:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Originally posted by BentBar@Oct 17 2005, 08:28 AM
What other advice does anyone have for the chipping idler wheels?  It is very frustrating having to replace these things.  I replaced all of the inner idler wheels and three are already shot after 500 miles.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934791
[/quote]
I noticed that on mine when it was new. Mine only had one that was doing though. I pulled the bolt out of the scissor arm on the skid frame and ground it down shorter because it looked like the bolt end was getting into the wheel when the suspension was compressed. Rode it since and doesn't seem to be taking the chunks out of the wheel now.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
They don't hit, they are just cheap and start to break apart along the OD. They split and keep splitting until they get soft and then start flying apart. I usually trash every one during asphalt season and my skid is soild so it doesn't move much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts