Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in NE iowa and have a bad shock on my 03 F7. It is pretty bouncy on the shop floor. Where would be a good place to send this in, and do you have to remove the skid to get it out easily? I've had several skids out before on other sleds, but not on the F chasis. Thanks

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I've had my skid out a couple of times, not any different than any other skid imo. I sent my shocks out to Carver. No problems with them.

FF

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Originally posted by justinf7@Oct 7 2005, 09:45 AM
I am in NE iowa and have a bad shock on my 03 F7.  It is pretty bouncy on the shop floor.  Where would be a good place to send this in, and do  you have to remove the skid to get it out easily?  I've had several skids out before on other sleds, but not on the F chasis.  Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=914413
[/quote]

Doesn't your dealer do shocks??
If not, there are several guys here that do I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Originally posted by justinf7@Oct 7 2005, 09:45 AM
I am in NE iowa and have a bad shock on my 03 F7.  It is pretty bouncy on the shop floor.  Where would be a good place to send this in, and do  you have to remove the skid to get it out easily?  I've had several skids out before on other sleds, but not on the F chasis.  Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=914413
[/quote]

Justin...............This bouncy suspension thing sounds like a recent problem I had. Be sure that you "do Not" have any track shop rollers or ski rollers under the suspension or skis. In other words set the machine flat on the floor when checking the rebound. I thought my rear shock was bad and it wasn't. It was on the track rollers and it threw the whole geometry of the suspension out of sinc :dunno: Not saying your shock isn't bad.
Just trying to help :div20: You should rebuild your shocks every year IMO.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Originally posted by ZR800DITCHDOCKER@Oct 7 2005, 11:58 AM
Justin...............This bouncy suspension thing sounds like a recent problem I had. Be sure that you "do Not" have any track shop rollers or ski rollers under the suspension or skis. In other words set the machine flat on the floor when checking the rebound. I thought my rear shock was bad and it wasn't. It was on the track rollers and it threw the whole geometry of the suspension out of sinc :dunno: Not saying your shock isn't bad.
Just trying to help :div20: You should rebuild your shocks every year IMO.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=914649
[/quote]

your talkin about the sled dolleys... :cn:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I know what your'e saying about the shop dollies. It actually started last winter late if I remember correctly. It just seems a little bit too bouncy. Does the skid on the F chasis need to be pulled out to remove the shock? I probably should anyway.....I need to check the lower bearing on my chaincase. It's always in the back of my mind that I had a bad one, and that it will go out at the worst possible time. Any cost estimates on what a guy should pay to have these rebuilt? As far as the dealer........I've never gotten a 'deal' at a dealer before, and don't expect to, atleast around here.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I had my rear shocks revalved at Carver performance in TRF. Good service, that's for sure. In the past I've also had them done at Deycore enterprises in Stillwater, MN. They also do a VERY good job. I'm thinking of sending mine to Fett Bros. Performance this time to be recharged (4 for $110 doesn't seem too bad) since they're close to where I am.

Pulling the skid is no big deal. I just put a 2x4 under the front of the skid which helps to relieve the pressure on the bolts in the rear. Tip it on the clutch side, swing it out, then pull the front 2 bolts. Reverse to put it back in. Beats paying the stealer 70/ hour to pull the skid, then another 70 to put it back.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
to verify that your shock is bad... remove the shock, compress it, and it should slowly return on its own... if it doesnt its bad...

im not exactly sure what it means to have a bouncy rear skid... :dunno:

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
by bouncy, I mean that on the shop floor, I can push down hard and fast on the back bumber, and it will almost bounce back up, with very little resistance. Don't know how else to explain it too you Hough. I've rebuilt totaled sleds and helped build some race and mountain sleds, but I've never had to have shocks rebuilt yet. I have never taken a sled to the 'stealer' yet....and never plan to.....unless an engine failure under warrenty. Aaron Martin PM'd me about rebuilding the shocks and he lives within an hour from me, so I will probably give him first chance at it. Thanks for all your info guys. This it what I love about this forum!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts