Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard F7 with about 200 miles on it. Today after riding about 60 miles kind of hard but not going nuts, I lost the rear suspension. It just went flat like my old 800 triple use to every time I lost the rear shocks, I had to have them rebuilt 3 times in 2500 miles, are the cat shocks really this bad? Am I over looking something? I weigh about 170, ride fairly hard and have the rear cams on the middle setting, for the first 60 or so miles it went great rode like a dream then pop all done. Does any body have any suggestions or answers to what I may be doing wrong or over looking?
Also about 50 miles into the ride, the Check Engine light came on for a few minutes then went out, sled ran fine and it never happend again all day. Any ideas on this one? Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt notice that any of the welds were broken it just feels like the rear shock is gone. I can push the back of the sled to the ground with my hands with out much trouble.

·
Registered
280 Posts
According to the manual you shuld change the oil in the shocks after 150 miles have you done that?
Lets hope that you don't have to do that every 150 mile...

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can't evaluate shocks by stroking the rear bumper up & down. That is a function of ride height, (spring tension) only to be accuratly evaluated on a flat level surface from carbide to front arm to rear arm, FLAT. Shocks work under speed, resistance to motion is exponential to shaft speed. If your sled pogo's then the shock is faulty.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
according to the owners manual if the light comes on and flashes it means the temp. has reached 170something degrees. if it comes on and stays on solid its around 200. mine did it and i was like wtf? i woulda figured the temp light would come on for overheating not the check engine light. my dad who was riding his 02 zl800 ss temp light came on at the same time so we must had been luggin it too much right then and there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The back shock on my snopro was the same i changed oil and refilled it its fine now. H :) ave 800km on my sled live in sweden

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
i dont think it's the cat shocks, in 1998 my zr-600 rear shock.(FOX) <_<
went out at 400mi,-and at1000mi,-and finely at 1500mi, i took it out for the last time and tosed it in the garbage. and put a comit in it.
in 2000 bought a zrt and rode it up to 3000-mi,
and never touched them, ^_^ some are good some are bad.
i hope i got a good set again B)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
if you can push it to the ground that easy its not your shock, its your spring, check the cross member the spring cams ride on i bet its broke
shocks only dampened the rebound

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have checked the springs,, nothing is broken,, the shocks are bad. I took the sled out yesterday and they felt fine until the shocks are warmed up then they lose their dampening and the sled goes right to the ground over every little bump.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
if you are over 180lbs you need a set of heavy springs part # 0704-926/927 for std but if it was me at 250lbs i would put the cno pros heavy spring in part 3 0704-968/969 and yes the shocks appear to be air contaminated. throw them away and use a works performance or ohlins unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts