Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE BEEN READING THE COMMENTS ON ADJUSTING THE REAR COUPLER BLOCKS AND ALSO COMMENTS ON REMOVING THEM COMPLETELY. I HAVE A F5 AND HAVE IT AT THE DEALER RIGHT NOW TO FIND OUT WHY THE COUPLERS DO NOT WORK (ALONG WITH MANY UPDATES)!! WITH TWO PEOPLE STANDING ON THE REAR, THE BLOCKS ARE STILL 1/4 INCH AWAY FROM TOUCHING ANYTHING, NO MATTER WHAT SETTING. THE DEALER AGREES AND IS TRYING TO GET A-C TECH TO HELP. HAVING EXPERIENCE WITH AN AFTERMARKET COUPLER SYSTEM ON MY 97 ZR-440, IT TRANSFORMED A GREAT SLED INTO AN AWESOME SLED. 'DOO, POL, AND YAMY HAVE USED THEM FOR YEARS FOR A REASON. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE ACTUALLY CHECKED THE F5 OR F7 COUPLERS THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY WORKING?? :huh:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I know for sure that cat is revising the skid on the F7 for 2004

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
AC tried to reduce weight in the fcat to make it the lightest and fastest production sled. WHY the hell didn't they throw those things out. It would save a whole 2.5 pounds. That means i can run the 1000ft in one thousand of a second faster. AC put on useless coupling blocks and no friggn spark plug holder on, now that has a purpose. Also where is my emergency recoil rope starter since my pull cord is frying do to a design flaw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by HAWKCAT@Jan 21 2003, 08:02 PM
I HAVE BEEN READING THE COMMENTS ON ADJUSTING THE REAR COUPLER BLOCKS AND ALSO COMMENTS ON REMOVING THEM COMPLETELY. I HAVE A F5 AND HAVE IT AT THE DEALER RIGHT NOW TO FIND OUT WHY THE COUPLERS DO NOT WORK (ALONG WITH MANY UPDATES)!! WITH TWO PEOPLE STANDING ON THE REAR, THE BLOCKS ARE STILL 1/4 INCH AWAY FROM TOUCHING ANYTHING, NO MATTER WHAT SETTING. THE DEALER AGREES AND IS TRYING TO GET A-C TECH TO HELP. HAVING EXPERIENCE WITH AN AFTERMARKET COUPLER SYSTEM ON MY 97 ZR-440, IT TRANSFORMED A GREAT SLED INTO AN AWESOME SLED. 'DOO, POL, AND YAMY HAVE USED THEM FOR YEARS FOR A REASON. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE ACTUALLY CHECKED THE F5 OR F7 COUPLERS THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY WORKING?? :huh:
if you put a board under the rear of the suspension and then sit on the sled, the couplers will touch. A trail isn't always level you know..

Snopro suspension, definitely take em out and toss em. Regular suspension may be too soft with them out from what I've been hearing..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, I must have touched another nerve. Anyway, back to the couplers. I have tried having the front skis off the ground two inches and having two people push the rear bumper down -- no coupling effect. That is why the limiter straps are so loose from the factory (and stated the are "not adjustable" in the owners manual), because the suspension is supposed to be coupled. One setting (straps) doesn't work without the other system (couplers). I will let post the outcome, if anyone is interested. I will probably have to buy some Polaris blocks to get it to work. As stated in my first note, coupling turned my ZR440 into slot car handling (ie: removed push under power) with improved ride and still sucks up the big bumps.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I would have to think that my coupling blocks are stopping something. They have to be, otherwise, they wouldn't be so damn chewed up.?? ANyone else having this problem. Front facing part of block is being chewed away. ALmost like someone took a fine chisel to it?? I really don't know what to think, never saw this before. Anyway it's a snopro. Probably going to take them out and see how that works.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
The front of mine are getting chewed up too. Not sure why? I have them set on 2. F7 snopro.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by flightedF7@Jan 21 2003, 09:00 PM
quitchabitchen
:angry: RIGHT ON! I'll stick with my origingal saying to all of those who are so unhappy--you bought this sled in it's first production year! There are bound to be some problems/gliches. I, myself, enjoy my sled, and don't believe I could ride anything else.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Rob, on the Sno-Pro did you remove "ALL" 4 of the blocks in the rear, or just the 2 farthest back in front of the rear idlers?

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I wasn't complaining about the blocks getting tore up, just saying that they were. They must be working to some degree cause if they weren't working they would look like new.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by Fire Chicken@Jan 22 2003, 02:25 PM
Rob, on the Sno-Pro did you remove "ALL" 4 of the blocks in the rear, or just the 2 farthest back in front of the rear idlers?
There are only 2 coupling blocks. If you got 4, then you got something the rest of us don't have.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Got ya on the 2 tip, haven't saw the sled in a while.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts