Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2200ish miles on my F7... is it just my sled and/or the oil (Klotz) I'm burnin', or does anyone else notice a very, VERY strong exhaust smell? I never really noticed it so much until the last 500 or 600 miles or so. Gas and oil consumption SEEMS to be about the same, regular gas in the REG mode, no oil adjustment update yet. I've still gotta' do a good compression check (Mark can I borrow your gauge?) and check and clean my APV valves again. I know my clothes have always smelled bad after riding, but now it seems particularily bad, to the point that it's bothering my eyes a bit, possible adding to the (usual) headaches, and hell, after my last ride, I SWEAR I could TASTE the exhaust smell in my mouth!!! Anyone else??? Just wonderin'! -- Roy

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by fireball@Feb 18 2003, 02:24 PM
iTS THE KLOTZ, VERY STRONG ODOR WILL STAY IN YOUR CLOTHES. SMELLS UP MY WHOLE BASEMENT.
LOL! Funny, I've always liked the "racey" smell of Klotz, but now I think I'm literally getting sick of it!

I DID find two other possible causes however. First, my APV valves were VERY sticky and one or both of them POSSIBLY stuck in one position or the other, but I'll discuss that in another thread. Also, the clear hose that comes out of my ECU box (on the airbox) could very well have been plugged up from the spewed out grease down where the hose rests by the airbox, and I've got this subject started in the "Tell it to Arctic Cat Forum." -- Roy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts