Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of people from NY State are planning a trip to St. Zenon in February. We are considering staying at Real Masse or Motel Safari. We were wondering which one is the better place all around to stay at - lodging, security, meals, etc.. The latter is $17 more American per night. But not enough to make a difference on where to stay. Any first hand experience and/or recommendations will be appreciated. -

·
Registered
554 Posts
There is a big difference between the two places.
Real is in the middle of nowhere. Safari has stuff near it. depends on your nightlife.
Reals gets boring after 9-10pm.
Both places treat you very well.
Do both. stay at Reals then a stay at Safari.
Personally, i know the trails better out of Reals, so my comfort level is there.
I have been staying there since 96, until this year. Decided not to go to the st zenon area this year.

Either place you choose, you will have a great time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Both are very good with security but Motel Safari is in Shawinigin and Real's place is in St Zenon Bernard has a lot of extras such as pick up service, and a breakfast run into town, break down service ( I have used it once " GREAT" ) And Bernard is the real deal Rich B

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
St. Zenon area generally has snow earlier. Later in the winter that won't make any difference. Bernard's area will have more night life, but you can ride into St. Michelle and there are plenty of places to go. YOu can go to the wet tee shirt contest at Hotel Central :)

THe trail from Real Masse down to St. Charles is always nice. Not as much traffic as some of the others in St. Zenon area.

IF Bernard has plenty of snow, stay there. If not better go to St. Zenon.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
A group of ours stayed at La Glacier (sp?) Its not that far from Real Masse. We stopped in one night at Real Masse for dinner and it was awsome. The meal was fit for a king and afterwards we were treated with a round of drinks on the owner. Security I was told isn't a concern there because its so far back off and main road. Its not a common practice for these theives to do. They'd perfer to get in and get out before anyone knows anything. From my understanding you could have the police notified of any theft before the theives reach the main road. If I ever returned to St. Zenon area, thats the place I'd stay at. Who cares about night life, you creat your own or take a little ride to somewhere that is lively.

·
Registered
776 Posts
A group of people from NY State are planning a trip to St. Zenon in February. We are considering staying at Real Masse or Motel Safari. We were wondering which one is the better place all around to stay at - lodging, security, meals, etc.. The latter is $17 more American per night. But not enough to make a difference on where to stay. Any first hand experience and/or recommendations will be appreciated. -[/b]
If your group is 10 or more riders,I would say Real Masse,However trails are not the same. Safari area has low traffic, hight milage, and the ICE HOTEL to see. You will ride the PIPE LINE and THUNDERCAT ALLIE. Try to choose a place this winter that you can ride and not cross WATER. This will be a big problem this year. DO NOT RIDE ON ICE THIS YEAR. We might half to cancel our oval racing on the river, NO ICE. All H.C.S Members that now of areas that are River and lake free, PLEASE POST. I have such an area.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Stayed at Real Masse two years ago and it was great! A buddy had a new Fusion that broke down and he came to pick it up and give my buddy a ride back. We didn't get in till 10pm that night and he kept the cook around for us so we could eat, and the meal was AWESOME!!!

At night, they have a guard on duty and the sleds blocked in, so theft is no issue there.

I'm sure Bernard's is just as good, but I've never been there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I used to stay at The Refuge which was in St. Zenon, since the tragedy up there, I have choosen to go else where and stayed with Bernard several times in the past two years!
Great food near the Safari, good night life, great trails to ride one.... Never had a problem staying up there... Bernard even played guitar one night with us in the lobby....

For me, I rather Shawinigan because it is right off the interstate... Everytime I go to quebec, it snows... and the roads from Joilette to St Zenon are slow going in the snow....

Middle of a Blizzard its 65 MPH all the way to Shawinigan....

Hmmmm.... Maybe I should take a ride to quebec guys? It would be sure to snow if I did... :beerchug:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey...maybe you should take a ride to Quebec and bring on the snow!!! I'm sure if you did...and it snowed real good...you would probably do ok in the donations department for your trouble...hell maybe we could just pay you to stay there and it would snow a lot!!! I was thinking about selling my sled...I'm sure as soon as I sold it we would have snow up to our A$$es!!

Both Bernard and Real are great...and I'm sure you would have a great time at either place!

Bernard...your recommendation of staying where ther are no lake or river crossings is the best advice I've heard in a long time! Your honesty and dedication to the sport are unsurpassed! You 'da MAN!!!

·
Registered
45,571 Posts
We have stayed a night or two at both places over the years....can't go wrong with either..great folks...just depends where you perfer to ride. As far as real masse being in the middle of nowhere....yeah just a bit...but you can always take a ride to rosies to view the ballet...not that far away.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey...maybe you should take a ride to Quebec and bring on the snow!!! I'm sure if you did...and it snowed real good...you would probably do ok in the donations department for your trouble...hell maybe we could just pay you to stay there and it would snow a lot!!! I was thinking about selling my sled...I'm sure as soon as I sold it we would have snow up to our A$$es!!

Both Bernard and Real are great...and I'm sure you would have a great time at either place!

Bernard...your recommendation of staying where ther are no lake or river crossings is the best advice I've heard in a long time! Your honesty and dedication to the sport are unsurpassed! You 'da MAN!!![/b]
Headed up in the AM.... Bring on the SNOW! ! ! ! ! :fluffy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts