Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 600 fusion It over heated turned out the thermostat went to pot. Dealer replaced the thermostat under warranty I was happy.Then we got the melt Next time out I noticed it was loosing coolant. For the life of me I could not figure where it was coming from checked hoses the over flow, everything I could think of.I thought it was more than likely the front cooler. Well I took it back to the dealer he checked everything also after giving it a preasure test he found the leak was coming from a seal on the water pump. its only a 20 some dollar part but to get at it the engine had to come out a whole bunch of labor. Well my warranty is up now and polaris is saying to the dealer that they will not cover the fix. Dealer told me that he didnt think that was right but that is there position
Im pissed will not give up on this I have given polaris many many thousands of dollars over the years still have 4 of them. I know when the thermostat went bad the seal was also bad Dose anyone have a # FOR ME TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE IN THE TECH DEPT,TO EXPLAIN THIS.I called a # spoke with a Brenda that said it was out of her hands but was there anything else she could help me with.IMO this is bullshit Supose someone from mediation is going to contact me within 3 bus days. What are your takes on this.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i dont, if thats all true that sucks.i had a 2003 xcsp 500 it burned down a month after 1 year warrenty, so i called polaris in Rosoa mn they ended up paying for it. dont know who i talked to though sorry.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If you have spent all of that money with your current dealer, then they should be going to bat for you or at least help with the cost of repairs, as you have put a lot of money in their pockets.
Neil

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If you knew the seal was bad when you replaced the thermostat under warranty, why not fix it then??? I dont think its bullshit if you waited to have it fixed. NOT an attack on you, just wondering?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Since you had it in for a coolent leak prior,they should honour it. Your dealer
is at fault not Polaris,give them the gears ![/b]
Yes 700 HO dealers fault!!!
R.A., your dealer is "sticking it to you" for "his mistake", very very poor service
, did not presure check, or even look to see if there was still a coolant leak.

Dealer is paying his tech approx $15 per hour, charging you $65 per hour to install a $ 20 seal.
Ask your dealer if he wants to keep you, your family & friends as customers???
At the most you should pay $20 for the seal & tech's $15 per hour for the hours charged!!!

If it was my dealer in Wis., Al would eat all of the labor cost & parts cost, as Al has done many times in 2001, 2002 & 2003 because Polaris has their head up their ARISS on warranty.
Warranty dept has been told by T. Tiller they MUST reducer warranty costs, so Polaris looses a few customers, no big deal to them, dropped from #1 to #4, then back to #3 or #2 in sales?
Good Luck; Rich

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well said guys ,these dealers have to go to bat for you if they appreciate your business.my brother had a 02 edge x 800 with a 2 year warranty,every 1000 miles the exhaust valves would go out and wreck the top end,he owned it for 4 years and had engine rebuilds once a year for 4 years,even 1 and 2 years after warranty was up the dealer and polaris covered it.its all about the dealer PERIOD

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have a 06 600 fusion It over heated turned out the thermostat went to pot. Dealer replaced the thermostat under warranty I was happy.Then we got the melt Next time out I noticed it was loosing coolant. For the life of me I could not figure where it was coming from checked hoses the over flow, everything I could think of.I thought it was more than likely the front cooler. Well I took it back to the dealer he checked everything also after giving it a preasure test he found the leak was coming from a seal on the water pump. its only a 20 some dollar part but to get at it the engine had to come out a whole bunch of labor. Well my warranty is up now and polaris is saying to the dealer that they will not cover the fix. Dealer told me that he didnt think that was right but that is there position
Im pissed will not give up on this I have given polaris many many thousands of dollars over the years still have 4 of them. I know when the thermostat went bad the seal was also bad Dose anyone have a # FOR ME TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE IN THE TECH DEPT,TO EXPLAIN THIS.I called a # spoke with a Brenda that said it was out of her hands but was there anything else she could help me with.IMO this is bullshit Supose someone from mediation is going to contact me within 3 bus days. What are your takes on this.[/b]
Sounds like a dealer issue, Out the bastages before someone else gets screwed. WHO IS THEY IS?

·
Registered
439 Posts
RA sounds like your getting suckered.

The problem resorts back to inproper diagnosis at the dealer back while it was under warrenty. Polaris needs to cover it under warrenty because it still goes back to the original repair, (which at that time was under warrenty) and the problem remained.

If your dealer would yell at Polaris and say they started the problem while under warrenty, and just didint get it fixed until the warrenty expired, but it all should be covered.

Paying 600 for a warrenty repair to me is crap. Dealer sounds like he did best he could without raising his voice to POO, now he needs to call back and really speak to POO about having them pay for a repair that was started under warrenty.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i think it is absolutely amazing that the dealers will jump through hoops and completely kiss your ass, promise you everything under the sun,and get you to buy a sled and then screw you on an issue like this. that must be why polaris dealers are dissapearing faster than cat dealers in some areas. polaris also should understand that you just had your sled in for service during warranty period. i would blame both parties. i know i won't buy another polaris sled. the only problem with that is they do have the best suspension in the buisness. IMO

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replys
Im having a hard time thinking the dealer is at total fault. When it overheated I refilled it drove it keeping an eye on it noticed it was loosing coolant thought it was coming from the overflow and some was. When I took it in they looked it over saw the thermostat had a hole in it where it should not of.They replaced the thermostat. I dont think it is a comon problem I can understand that they did not check a seal in the waterpump.But it is total b.s. that now Im out of warranty it is my cost. I guess Im getting pissed at the dealer for not goinig to bat harder with polaris about this. Ecspecially when they told me polaris should stand behind it. Im more pissed that polaris has not called me back to let me tell them my feelings I do not think Im being out of line. State Tune

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well this is what shook out. Dealer didnt turn in the thermostat claim to polaris This is all per Monty from customer service. So as per monty when the dealer tried to get the seal warrantied polaris tech had know Idea about the any prior problem and said to bad but the 1 year is up. Well Monty called me today I was very happy to hear something from them as When I first called them they said That I would hear from someone within 72 hours.After speaking with Monty he explained them not knowing anything about prior probs <with the thermostat> and that the seal and themostat were the same issue and he would make sure this got taken care. Also said sorry for the confusion etc.I hung up with him feeling that was the best call I got in a longtime. Well I got a call back from him about 15 minutes later saying he was very,very,sorry but he spoke to the tech dept.and because the dealer didnt do proper procedure that they were not going to back it up.So what he was going to do was cover 300.00 of the fix. The dealer had knocked the labor down to 4 hours the book says it is a 6 hour fix.Total bill was 384.00. Monty asked me how I felt about that? I told him I appreciated him getting back to me but the hole thing should be covered.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well this is what shook out. Dealer didnt turn in the thermostat claim to polaris This is all per Monty from customer service. So as per monty when the dealer tried to get the seal warrantied polaris tech had know Idea about the any prior problem and said to bad but the 1 year is up. Well Monty called me today I was very happy to hear something from them as When I first called them they said That I would hear from someone within 72 hours.After speaking with Monty he explained them not knowing anything about prior probs <with the thermostat> and that the seal and themostat were the same issue and he would make sure this got taken care. Also said sorry for the confusion etc.I hung up with him feeling that was the best call I got in a longtime. Well I got a call back from him about 15 minutes later saying he was very,very,sorry but he spoke to the tech dept.and because the dealer didnt do proper procedure that they were not going to back it up.So what he was going to do was cover 300.00 of the fix. The dealer had knocked the labor down to 4 hours the book says it is a 6 hour fix.Total bill was 384.00. Monty asked me how I felt about that? I told him I appreciated him getting back to me but the hole thing should be covered.[/b]
The dealer should cover anything the factory won't. It was their f-up not yours, you shouldn't have to pay for it, for doing the responsible and recommended thing by taking it to the dealer in the first place. If the dealer had done their job right the first time, neither of you would be in this position.

At this point, I'm sure the $84 isn't too bad, but the principle of the thing is what would matter to me in this situation.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I do agree, when a t-stat fails, due to the heat generated it will tend to warp or destroy seals depending on how hot the engine actually reached. The first thing the dealership should have done after replacing the t-stat was to pressure test the coolant system. If they dont they are just a glorified parts thrower and not a repair center. The art of replacing whats bad is never a substitution for finding the real cause of the problem and not fixing it correctly. Mechanics get blind sided by just replacing the obvious and get lazy and do not re-test to make sure the repair has been properly done to correct the issue. I would bring the facts to the repairing dealer-- over heat, t-stat bad, overheated and it took out the waterpump seal. The mechanic was going to fast and did not properly complete the repair.

This sounds really familiar ... a Polaris dealer who helps you out but really ends up screwing you. I wont name the dealer but he is in Prior Lake, MN. The Service Manager has no clue what customer service is and likes to tell stories to Polaris Warranty. I ended up taking a jug to the office in Medina and had Polaris's Metallurgist check it out and stated yeah, its a bad casting and should be covered under warranty. But......the Warranty guy said because of the story your Dealer said, which by the way I bought the sled from said I over torqued a bolt and thats why its not covered under warranty..... Hard to understand that when all I did was back the bolt out. I have a slight mechanical sense to me as I am ASE certified Master Car and Master Heavy Truck Certified. I have been around a few things mechanical every once in awhile. Plus its in my every day job too.

But ya Gotta love em in Prior Lake as stated by the Service Manager and Digger himself....and I quote "We only sell 'em" They have actually called me to ask if I wanted to make a deal on my 06 600HO for a 07 or 08. Dont think I am going to buy from them next year. Love the brand, just not that dealer, I will drive 70 miles away and pay $100-200 more per sled as Vetters treats their customers the way they should be treated. But I am not bashing or bragging just stating the facts.

The bolt I supposedly over torqued was the VES Valve retaining bolt. I was taking it out and the casting snapped as there was too much locktite on it from the factory and had galled in the jug. I was trying to take out the valve to clean it. If I over torqued the bolt the plastic valve casing would have snapped first before the metal housing. Gee the original valve is still in there today, but that made too much sense and you could see the cavitation in the casting too. Just proves that the Service Manager isnt always the best Mechanic out there.... he thinks he is just ask him.

I HATE Dealers who are only in it for the sale of the sled and not the whole process. I now take my sled for warranty work or any work that I cannot do myself to a Dealer 70 miles south of the Twin Cities as they are honest and have actually helped me out, and they didnt sell it to me either. They are just a great family owed and operated dealership who proves that customer service wins everytime.

I solute the dealer in Prior Lake as being a great Sales Team (they were the cheapest cost) but their mechanical inabilities and Customer Service is at best horrible and is truely lacking and comes with lowest quality in repairs and integrity in Minnesota.

I am done ranting and raving now. By the way I do love my sled- 06 600ho, upgraded to Walker Shocks, SLP Powder Pros, hrp spindles, SLP Intake, re-clutched and jetted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts