Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!! I'm a newbie and have found many of the forums helpful in the past, thanks for all the good tips! I do have a question....what is the easiest way to
re-install a skid frame?? I have had the machine on it's side, the rear suspended off the ground but can't seem to get the rear two bolts in. It seems as if the suspension has to collapse a bit to line up. In the past I have removed the spring blocks from the bottom rails allowing me to collapse the suspension, but have realized that there has to be a better way!!!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Tighten the track up until the holes line up. It forces the rear arm forward and it stays in position.[/b]
That's one I've never heard of,does it work well?

I use a ratchet strap,to make it a little easier I measure the distance between the holes and set the strap to make the holes that distance that before I put the skid in.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Take the torsion springs out of the block that holds them onto the frame rails and swing them back towards the rear of the sled. Make sure the sled is suspended by the bumper in the back. You will be able to move the rear of the skid to line up the holes easier. It beats trying to ratchet the scissor into position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts