Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
We ended up putting one on my buddy's '17 137 Sno Pro this offseason and he loves it. Still the best mod for the money I've done to my sled. Looks like they raised the prices a little but it's still well worth it.
Did you do anything else to the shock or just swap the spring?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hate to be that guy but looking for a sled like that for my gf and wondering what you paid for it? Not a lot of incentives from Cat right now.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hate to be that guy but looking for a sled like that for my gf and wondering what you paid for it? Not a lot of incentives from Cat right now.
$8500. I'm not sure why they aren't putting any incentives on the older ones this year, but I've heard inventory is low. I bought it around the end of January last year. Put about 1,500 miles on it. For the most part really liked it. 1st new sled.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Have had the Raptor spring sitting on my shelf for 1 year, last night finally got around to changing it out. Noticed a lot of play on the bottom shaft of the front shock, removed the shaft for inspection and have considerable wear and grooving on the aluminum cross shaft where the shock eyelet sits.
I am thinking that I should replace with the steel shaft from RR, with a new collar insert on the bottom of the shock....looking for advice? Also, it looks like the old collar insert would have to be pressed out and new one pressed in?

·
Registered
386 Posts
You were bottoming that torque arm hard! XC cross shaft and a shock revalve/rebuild and the spring.

·
Registered
794 Posts
What a read. I have a 2015 XF HighCountry sno pro, will this spring fit my front skid shock? Seems people are loving this. I don't really bottom my sled out, but I will take any more cushion I can get!

·
Registered
791 Posts
How do you guys go about adjusting the new spring? Would this be recommended for a 13 F800 and a 15 4000RR?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey Guenther;

Got one of those Raptor springs last year for my Cat Turbo. The combo of that plus a revalve from Hygear has totally turned my riding experience right side up again! Honestly its the best riding sled I've ever owned and I've owned many.

My friend has a Ski Doo Etec Adrenaline series and we were riding over a really bombed out trail last year. When we stopped he said are you getting pummeled by those bumps? i said I knew they were there but not really bothering me at all. I let him ride my sled and he couldnt believe how good it was.

Hope this helps, Teamgreen

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think I'm going to order this spring. I've seen a few people on this thread talk about getting their shock revalved in addition to this - what's involved with that?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Hey Guenther;

Got one of those Raptor springs last year for my Cat Turbo. The combo of that plus a revalve from Hygear has totally turned my riding experience right side up again! Honestly its the best riding sled I've ever owned and I've owned many.

My friend has a Ski Doo Etec Adrenaline series and we were riding over a really bombed out trail last year. When we stopped he said are you getting pummeled by those bumps? i said I knew they were there but not really bothering me at all. I let him ride my sled and he couldnt believe how good it was.

Hope this helps, Teamgreen

Glad to hear it, Teamgreen! I bought a set of Raptor ski springs as well this fall to put on my QS3s. Unfortunately I had rotator cuff surgery 7 weeks ago so no riding for me this season. I thought kidney stones were the worst pain a guy could have until this....... :cry: :cry: :cry:

61 - 80 of 85 Posts