Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Finally got some miles on the sled this weekend in some really poor trail conditions. I’ll say this with conviction, for $60 this has been my favorite upgrade to the sled for the money. Rode in a lot of junk and I don’t remember bottoming out once. Rode so much smoother and handled the stutter bumps better. Thanks for the recommendation on this spring. It made a world of difference for me.
How much do you weigh ? I am positive the Raptor spring is the Polaris spring, have seen them side by side and look identical. I have the Polaris spring in my 13' F800 and it was an upgrade but still not like the dual spring kit from Hygear, I like the rough and the center shock still bottomed fairly easily.

·
Registered
757 Posts
How much do you weigh ? I am positive the Raptor spring is the Polaris spring, have seen them side by side and look identical. I have the Polaris spring in my 13' F800 and it was an upgrade but still not like the dual spring kit from Hygear, I like the rough and the center shock still bottomed fairly easily.
Geared up I’m over 300 lbs easy. My torsions are set on the 2 setting and even coming down some small hills fast where you usually bottom out at the bottom of the hill, I didn’t. Also, I believe this is a Polaris spring, it just happens to fit on the Cats. Made a much nicer ride for my ‘17 Sno Pro 129”.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Been a few years since I had my rear shocks out and can't remember shit. Trying to not remove the skid, it looks like you can change the front spring with the skid in the sled? Would this procedure work...unbolt the top mount and the shock body should pivot towards the rear of the sled on the lower shaft? Loosen the lock nuts, remove collar and the old spring. Install new spring with collar and tighten lock nuts? Swivel shock/spring back into the top mount, not sure if the spring/shock body will be longer and need some leverage or compression to align into the top mount? Will this work?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Been a few years since I had my rear shocks out and can't remember shit. Trying to not remove the skid, it looks like you can change the front spring with the skid in the sled? Would this procedure work...unbolt the top mount and the shock body should pivot towards the rear of the sled on the lower shaft? Loosen the lock nuts, remove collar and the old spring. Install new spring with collar and tighten lock nuts? Swivel shock/spring back into the top mount, not sure if the spring/shock body will be longer and need some leverage or compression to align into the top mount? Will this work?
I did my first one while the skid was still in but don't remember the procedure. What I do remember is that it was a pain getting the holes to line up because the spring was about 1/8" too long. Jace at Raptor said they shortened the spring on the last couple runs by 1/4" but all the rate specs were the same. I would image it will fit in there a lot better now with the change.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
It easy to do the front spring with the shock in the sled,a little tricky getting the top hole lined up but not too bad.

·
Registered
70 Posts
my 2¢ worth

I installed the Raptor spring at the beginning of the season (2015 ZR5000LXR) Last year I upgraded to the 2016 Cat spring and had the rear skid shocks revalved.

I have put on about 700kms here in Ontario so far. This spring is an upgrade over the Cat spring, but I still bottom out the front skid shock on hitting somewhat moderate bumps going downhill. I'm about 190lbs with gear, and rear torsions are on 1 1/2.

Handles stutters and small junk farily well, but I need a better revalve or better rear skid shocks next year. Either that or slow down.

Not bad for the price all in all, and an easy swap.

Cheers....

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Glad to help and I'm certainly a believer. Put one on my new to me '15 XF6000 and going on a trip midweek to UP of MI for the first time this year. I'm expecting it to ride just like my '16 ZR did, and maybe even a little better because I have a 137" instead of 129". I know they've been back ordered since at least the middle of December because my buddy tried to buy 2 of them with no luck.
Quoting myself above. The stock front Cat shock on my XF6000 is going to need to be revalved. I bottomed out on the really hard/sharp stuff with the Raptor spring but suspected both skid shocks needed to be freshened up anyway. Still pleased with the spring and will be 100% satisfied shortly.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ordered one last week Wednesday and still nothing. called them just now and they said they are getting them tomorrow and they will ship same day.........Guess we'll see !!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Ordered one last week Wednesday and still nothing. called them just now and they said they are getting them tomorrow and they will ship same day.........Guess we'll see !!
Ordered mine last week Monday like you mentioned no spring they did charge my CC and all they mentioned to me is they are backordered again. Must be a hot item or they never got there shipment in when they thought it was supposed be. :bc:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Replying to an old thread here. I was thinking about buying one of these for my 18 ZR6000 sno pro, as the front spring seems soft.

Can you change this out without pulling the skid?

·
Registered
103 Posts
absolutely,just have to undo limit strap's pull the shock,change spring,put it back together.awesome upgrade.

·
Registered
757 Posts
We ended up putting one on my buddy's '17 137 Sno Pro this offseason and he loves it. Still the best mod for the money I've done to my sled. Looks like they raised the prices a little but it's still well worth it.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts