Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the f7 for its first ride this weekend. The first 20 miles I was not impressed. the handeling was real bad and the power was not like my T cat. Took it back to the garage and adjusted the frount skid shock and the toe out, backed off skock all the way and toe out 3/8". Went for another ride, what a differance.Now I love it. Still not as fast as the T cat but not far from it. Mite Be better after its broke in. Now I have 75 miles on it. Speedo Stopped working after 50 miles. Any ideas?

·
Registered
54 Posts
It will be the magnet on your drive shaft. Remove your secondary, then remove the 3 screws holding the speedo pickup to the tunnel, and your magnet WILL be chewed up. They are also on backorder. Happened to mine with 10 miles on it. I am not the only one either.
Hope this helps. B)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Rangeleyf7, what didn't you like about your first handling impressions that was so much improved by your simple suspension adjustments? Just curious. Could you describe the before and after in a bit more detail? Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Yeah, not to sound like we don't care about the Speedo, but how WAS the snow in Rangely.

More Snow on Wed - Thurs. Woo hoo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roy T what I did not like about the handeling was the inside ski lift and darting. Sled not really hooked up well. I have 10" carbides and 144 1.070 studs. Too short on studs. Will live with that for now. AS far as the snow in Rangeley, some trailes have ben grommed but not many we need more snow, some on the way. SO THEY SAY. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
F7 should get 12" Wed. I will be going to my camp Thursday for a week. What trails are groomed? Where did you ride?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Mainekat,
if there is riding, should be there Saturday driving the red sled. Will keep an eye out for ya. mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
We are heading to Eustis on the 27th staying till the 1st. Rode from camp three weeks ago and found all kinds of snow. My buddy rode out of camp last weekend and said the riding was great. All back country riding (no ITS yet) I'll be talking to everyone I can on Fcats to sewho they are, and if they've been on this site.

All the snow dances must have worked, 6 to 10 on the way!!

Steve

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Shameful1,
My camp is also in Eustis, on 27, half mile up from the village. If I go up, will be Sat-Tue, and will probably be driving a red 500 mxz or an 02 ZR/M-10 grn. Will probably ride the Parmachenee area. mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trail was groomed from Oquossoc out towards Pittsburg. Thay have been grooming for two weeks now, still need snow BAD.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mike, My friends camp is on the Tim Pond road (Camp DILIGAF / Jim Allen) maybe you know it. I have a piece of property off the Tim Pond Rd. but haven't built anything yet. We will be riding all over, Parmachenee way I'm sure also out through King and Bartlet you know that direction. Maybe we will run into you at Trails for a beer?? I live in Auburn, you?

Hope to see you, Steve (green F7 standard)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Shameful1,
yes, I've met Jim several times, not sure if he remembers me. I'm from Bath.
Camp is on 27, 2nd on left past Tim Pd Rd
have grn Ford f-150 supercab
mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mike,
I will try to look you up, your right in the neighborhood. I have a silver F-150 extended cab, white fiberglass 2 place trailer with Team Arctic Cat on the sides, it's hard to miss. Come on down to camp, easy to find, sign at road Camp DILIGAF. I'll also try you at your place.

Have a great Xmas!!

Steve B)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts