Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
staying in Rangeley 1-29 - 1-31 whats a good 150 mile round trip from Saddleback Inn. Have stayed there a few times bust usually headed back to VT the next day. This time we are staying 2 nights. Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
You usually can go to Eustis and over towards the Forks and stop at Grand Falls, then head south towards Stratton and Carrabasset (Sugarloaf) and head back to Rangeley and have maybe 150-180 miles on. The Black Fly loop is good, east to Stratton then south to Kingfield and back up through Madrid and thats about 150 miles.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I did the black fly loop 2 seasons ago, half was nice, the other half was rough and very narrow.....just my outlook on the ride.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
You usually can go to Eustis and over towards the Forks and stop at Grand Falls, then head south towards Stratton and Carrabasset (Sugarloaf) and head back to Rangeley and have maybe 150-180 miles on. The Black Fly loop is good, east to Stratton then south to Kingfield and back up through Madrid and thats about 150 miles.[/b]

x2 on the bold for sure if you havent been there its a must see !!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vt2006

how long of a drive is it from VT (derby) to Rangley??

thanks[/b]
155 miles or so easily done by mid day or early afternoon its a nice ride also its nice not to have to trailer done so much of that in the past 5 yrs its nice to walk out the door and go. Also nice not to have to put gas in the veh and sled just the sled is easier.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
We dropped in Oquossoc and rode up to Grand Falls yesterday - overall the trails were in good shape >> 195 miles
Follow the signs..
[attachment=410362:100_0217.jpg]
[attachment=410363:100_0218.jpg]

·
Registered
4 Posts
We dropped in Oquossoc and rode up to Grand Falls yesterday - overall the trails were in good shape >> 195 miles
Follow the signs..
[attachment=410362:100_0217.jpg]
[attachment=410363:100_0218.jpg][/b]
If you headed through Oquossoc and towards Bosebuck there are a bunch of places you can go from there but you wont find much better riding then there unless you hit up the county.

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
My father&I are heading up to this area next monday.We've never been but with the good conditions,trail pics,friendly suggestions on the Maine forum-Im excited!We are staying for a few days but could easily stay for a few more if the riding is good.Is any other day rides that were not mentioned above?....Probably a stupid question,how are the trails this week?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The trails are just about perfect!
A few of us rode up to bosebuck camps from rangeley yesterday then turned back south to newry and it was beeutiful all the way.
With 6- 10 more on the way:boogieboy: :boogieboy: :boogieboy:

·
Registered
709 Posts
My father&I are heading up to this area next monday.We've never been but with the good conditions,trail pics,friendly suggestions on the Maine forum-Im excited!We are staying for a few days but could easily stay for a few more if the riding is good.Is any other day rides that were not mentioned above?....Probably a stupid question,how are the trails this week?[/b]

Snowing hard now, plenty of it already on the ground, you should have great riding next week. Another storm in the works for sunday-monday, you might ant to keep an eye on that and plan your drive up around it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts