Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a major dump here last night ,18 inches on the coast,we always get rain.I figured a good way to break it in I would let the kids ride around the dooryard.I put in 2gallons of strait gas on top of the 5 gallons of premix the dealer put in and figured that would be plenty.After 18 miles it is out of gas,and I cant get it to start .I pulled the plugs and primed it and it would only run on the prime and not pick it up.Finally after numerous attempts of priming, it would try to start on the second pull ,but would not run.Then the pull cord broke and I was wild ,so I walked away before something bad happened,what do I do now,could this be the smart valve causing this?

·
Registered
841 Posts
There is a post here on what to do when you run it out of gas and I dont think its as simple as priming the cylinders Sorry to hear about the pull rope.

·
Registered
142 Posts
EFI ?? If so undo the fuel line at the rail..Pull over a couple times and reconnect..Should restart no probelm.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I thought 7 gallons should have lasted all day riding around the house,top speed at 30mph for short periods.I was aware of you not wanting to run out of gas ,that is why I added the 2 gallons.When I put more gas in I could see the whole float for the gauge.BY AC I tried that and I could'nt get any gas out of the line.I am headed to the dealer tommorow morning for a new pull cord,maybe there is more than meets the eye here ,I heard of some bad fuel pumps that only lasted a few miles.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
smart valve is stuck closed...reach in tank...pull rear one out and pry screen off and pull it apart....put back together..will then start 1st or 2nd pull..

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
While you have the smart valve apart...take the rubber piece out and stretch the spring a little bit. That is what my dealer did to mine...has been fine every since. By doing this, it just acts like a screen and can not shut off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts