Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was running some errands today, I couldn't help but think of how much snow there would have been if it was cold enough.

We scrapped our plans to go up to our place on Vermilion for New Years as there's no snow up there either.

I guess I'll go out to the garage and sit of the new Harley.

This sucks!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Disgusting! Its been raining HARD all day, and still coming down in Willmar,MN. All traces of snow gone, and big puddles everywhere. Oh, well, I'm going to Togwotee,WY at the end of Jan. for a week, but would be nice to get some miles on before then, to get is shape, and check out the sled. My home place is Brainerd,MN, no better there either.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from Vermillion and it was great up there. Rode 60 miles and even got around oak narrows no problem. Looks like today may of been the last good day to ride up there for awhile though.[/b]

Really? Glad to hear someone got some riding in. My place is just down the shore from Oak Narrows about 3/4 of a mile.

Some friends of mine that are up there now said the lake is rough.

How was it for you? Do you have a place up there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Really? Glad to hear someone got some riding in. My place is just down the shore from Oak Narrows about 3/4 of a mile.

Some friends of mine that are up there now said the lake is rough.

How was it for you? Do you have a place up there?[/b]
We thought it was great, definetly better on the tower end though so if your friends are on the cook end that might be why. My buddy has 2 cabins in Land-O-Lakes bay, so we rode from there to moccasin point and up into norwiegan/black bay and what not. DNR is even marking trails on the tower end.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Still raining North of Two Harbors. Went out yesterday with groomer we are demo-ing, panned ~15 miles of the Yukon Trail. We had roughly 6 inches of snow 10 miles inland from the lake. This crap is supposed to change over to snow later today, but its still 35 degrees! Guess I'll have to break out the rain gear and my V-Max (cycle)! www.voyageursnowmobile.com has snow cover info from (and links to) the DNR, that is updated roughly weekly.
Think Snow!! :banghead:

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
been snowing here for awhile. a good 3+ inches so far on this snowfall and still coming hard

1 - 20 of 38 Posts