Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
In Toronto a lot. North of the city, nothing really. That's because it's so built up down there that there is no place for the water to go. We had a waterfall coming through a vent in the roof at work because there was 5-6" of water on the flat roof. :Wow1:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Heard on the radio today that the insurance companies are saying the rain storm will end up costing 100+ million to fix. Holy crap.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Yes, but a lot of money for a very localized storm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
:banghead: If you are familiar with the North York area, you probably saw the front page of the Toronto Star on Sat. morning after the storm. Finch avenue east of Jane street and west of Keele street was completely washed away. We are not talking a little buckle in the road. It looked like a meteor crashed into the road leaving a hole half the size of a football field. City says its going to take months to repair.(at the rate city workers work at) probably have to build a new bridge.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Yep, bunch of morons that built that. Gee where should we divert all the water if there's a rain storm. Ah, worry about that later.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I got away lucky, I only had 3 inches in my basement. they still haven't finished ripping out and drying everything, it will be a few more weeks before they start to rebuild. i was told that a guy in the area had a back split and his 2 lower floors were still full of water...over 8' of water in the lowest level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts