Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, plus 10 on Saturday, and above 0 all week here in South eastern NB! last year cost my wife and I $3 per mile. After 37 years of sledding, this is the first time I have thought about hanging up the sleds. Anyone else feel the same? Frustrated as hell.

·
Registered
174 Posts
THE WEATHER THIS YEARS BLOWS!!! Can't blame anyone for having second thoughts...We are holding out hope...but it is fading fast...just like the 3mm of snow that was on the ground this morning!
:dunno:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I mean, plus 10 on Saturday, and above 0 all week here in South eastern NB! last year cost my wife and I $3 per mile. After 37 years of sledding, this is the first time I have thought about hanging up the sleds. Anyone else feel the same? Frustrated as hell.[/b]
Phinster you're not alone....unbelievable!!!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Got the shot gun out today, loaded it pointed it at that 2006 attak and f..ken near pulled the trigger. sick of buying sleds 4 nothing!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I mean, plus 10 on Saturday, and above 0 all week here in South eastern NB! last year cost my wife and I $3 per mile. After 37 years of sledding, this is the first time I have thought about hanging up the sleds. Anyone else feel the same? Frustrated as hell.[/b]
This winter marks 40 years since I first had the pleasure of sitting my butt on a Sled!!! Like I have said here on the board before I can close my eyes and smell that sled! I can remember the first time I drove that old Doo and thinking how cool is this! I still have the same passion today as I did back in 1967 but I am very concerned just like everyone else about our sport and the environment. In my heart I don't think this is a cycle like many try to preach but rather our world is changing. Having said that we are going sledding next week and I can't wait!

Andy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Andyman....I WANT TO GO ....I WANT TO GO.....Ok - I'll settle for some kick ass pics...Think of us sitting in our garages starting the sleds up every second day just to get a quick breath of the 2 stroke oil!!! Have Fun Be Safe! Any other trips planned for the season?? Cheers, Evil

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Andyman....I WANT TO GO ....I WANT TO GO.....Ok - I'll settle for some kick ass pics...Think of us sitting in our garages starting the sleds up every second day just to get a quick breath of the 2 stroke oil!!! Have Fun Be Safe! Any other trips planned for the season?? Cheers, Evil[/b]
You are more than welcome to come.

Andy

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Where is there good rideable snow andy :dunno: ,I've been even considering quebec in the near future but it seems only some area's of quebec have enough to groom? last i heard it was very limited[/b]
Check your pm.

Andy

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Yup. :nopityA: :i_need_snow: :cussing:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
which part of quebec is mont valin located?[/b]
Mont Valin is a National Park just north of the Saguenay region of Quebec. If you look at a map and find Chicoutimi look just northeast of there. The reason there is snow is the elevation with the actual Mont Valin over 3100 ft ASL. They normally have snow from November until April. There is snow there at this very minute however there is extreme pressure on the trail system as there are riders from a VERY wide area trailering up there to sled. I will include a picture I took up there a couple of years ago in late March it is a trail sign on a 6ft post. There is no drifted snow this is on flat ground compacted snow!I am not claiming to be an expert on the area but I do know some! If anyone wants any info I will be more than pleased to point you in the right direction and yes this is one of the areas we hope to ride next week. I will post pics and a report when we get back.Second pic is a camper trailer also in the Mont Valin area.

Andy

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
it sure isnt looking good. I am also second guessing myself for buying another new sled this fall. But i am holding onto that little bit of hope that we will get some good riding in before the spring. Although i am only 26 , i am a 4rth generation snowmobiler and i have been riding sense i had a kitty cat when i was 4 or 5. To me and my family its never really been a sport like some. Andyman and many others probably feal the same way we do. We cant remember not having a snowmobile to ride on and selling our snowmobile and getting out of this winter lifestyle would be like killing part of our soul. Sure we will find somethign else to oocupy us over these what used to be winter months, but a part of us will be lost and we wont be truelly happy because a part of our life has been taken from us. I fear the day when i actually make the descision to sell my sled and get out of snowmobiling but me and my father both feal like our yrs are numbered.

Luckly we are going riding in the next few days

1 - 20 of 33 Posts