Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems people who took there blocks out are cracking rails, could the sway arm be hitting the wheels and causing undo pressure? just a tought <_<

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope. The other broken rail I saw at the dealer's was from a std suspension with hand-made oversize coupler blocks installed. Take a look:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, well then I think I am going to machine a plate of aluminium and beef mine up before its to late!
thanks

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I would think its just from use and a little pounding the rear wheel are putting on the upper part.. I think if the axle was tighter or toward the rear it may crack the rear upper, instead of the front upper..I would think they may thicken that up but.??

·
Registered
485 Posts
:eek: I tightened my axle nut up with a 3/4" drive ratchet and socket. A little bit overkill but thats the tools I had. I tightened it up pretty good too, like probably around 80 to 90 ft. lbs ( just a guess ). It makes sense that if you jam the nut down good and tight a lot of trouble could be avoided I.M.H.O.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Mar 19 2003, 08:17 AM
Nope. The other broken rail I saw at the dealer's was from a std suspension with hand-made oversize coupler blocks installed. Take a look:
:blink: Those are some crude blocks! Almost look like they are made of lead!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts