Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take my wife for a nice ride on Friday on the Rail Trail. We will be coming North from Burlington. Where can we park and access the trail? What would be a nice loop for her? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
BV

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
Not familiar with that part of the rail trail but on Sat. I did ride the rail trail in Colebrook,NH.Be careful because the rails are still showing through the snow so you might want to check it out first.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not familiar with that part of the rail trail but on Sat. I did ride the rail trail in Colebrook,NH.Be careful because the rails are still showing through the snow so you might want to check it out first.[/b]
you can drop in swanton or you could drop in jeffersonville.

·
Registered
104 Posts
BV-
On Friday I would think you could park at the trail head in St. Albans, it's at the junction of Route 7 and Route 105 (State Routes not trials). Just past the St Albans Messenger building across from Bonnett Welding. From there you can ride up to Enosburg/Richford and up towards Jay Peak area if you're looking for miles, or you can loop off the rail trail in a few different spots. Check out a map, but it's going to be an out and back for the most part.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Heffy. There is parking at Rt 7/105? That is a good spot for us to start from. Any must see stops? Where is a good spot for lunch? She probably won't want to do big miles, how far is Jeffersonville? Thanks for the help.
BV

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
you can drop in swanton or you could drop in jeffersonville.[/b]

That's the Lamoille Valley rail bed that isn't yet completely open. If you are looking to ride the Missiquoi Rail Trail (St. Albans to Richford) then park in St. Albans at the intersection of VT Route 7 and 105. Or skip to Sheldon on Route 105 and park at The Abbey Restaurant.

You could unload in Jeffersonville on Route 15 just east of GW Tatro's, take trail 104 north through Fletcher and Fairfax to St. Albans and jump on the Missiquoi Trail. Fletcher groomed 104 last night and it should be done again by Friday. Careful attention to the wet spots though....we are using lots of pallets and still can't fill them all in.

We should collect Christmas trees to fill in water holes!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I park in the St. Albans Shopping Center to the right behind McDonalds (go in the shopping Center take a right like you are going to go behind the building). There is a small feeder trail that go up towards the old Fine Line Dealership and takes you right to the rail trail. I am heading up there tomorrow and will let you know how it is. I have always found the Shopping Center the easiest coming from Burlington & less windshield time.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You can park in the area behind Burt Paquin ford , just dont block the mail boxes. This will put you right on the rail bed. Stay on the rail bed until you get to the first trail off to the left (There is a bus stop there and it is just after the river) turn left and the follow the trail to Franklin. This will loop around and is an awesome ride. Once back on the rail bed go to richford or other side trails.The Abbey is always a good lunch or if you like further out try the crossing in Richford.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. Hopefully should be some great riding with all the new snow. I will give a trail report Friday evening.
BV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts