Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put rail extensions on their sled? I am looking to go from 121 to 136. I was told by several people that they are not strong enough and that I will have problems with them. Has anyone had any problems with the ones from Tracks USA?

·
Registered
17,234 Posts
No problem whatsoever with the tracksUSA extensions on my 02 xc800. A buddy got SLP extensions on his pro-x and no problems there either.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Guess I'm curious about what the several people you've talked to have seen. I've never even heard of a problem with the 121 to 136 extensions. I prefer the TracksUsa because they allow for full length hyfax use, and appear to be very durable. Have them on 2 sleds, have beat the **** out of them, over 6000 miles between them, and NO apparent signs of damage, or even wear.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I put a pair of Tracks USA extensions on my 2001 edge and love the set-up. I ride very hard and push the sled every chance I get, and I have not seen any issues with the Tracks set up. 1000 miles last year on them.

I do have a pair of the SLP extensions for sale, if anyone is interested. 121 - 136 Edge $40 +shipping. Installed once, but never ridden on.

Like Michahicks, opted for the full length hyfax after I had purchased the SLP set.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Originally posted by GMANN@Sep 13 2005, 05:07 AM
Has anyone put rail extensions on their sled?  I am looking to go from 121 to 136.  I was told by several people that they are not strong enough and that I will have problems with them.  Has anyone had any problems with the ones from Tracks USA?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=872459
[/quote]

it all depends on your riding style. most guys can get away with extensions. if you are into serious ditch banging and big air hits, get the full rail kit from Polaris. otherwise the extension kits will work fine in most cases. i have seen several extension kits fail and it's not pretty. but i ride where they don't groom trails and we hit four foot deep g-out bumps at 100mph. so you can take my humble opinion with a grain of salt, Brian.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I pound the chit out of my 136" prox , it has Tracks usa rail x kit. It was a great way to smooth out chop on trails and trails that are like a whoop section in a snow cross track are a blast with longer sleds! Big air isnt a good idea with long track kits, jumps no problem... I would upgrade to 4 rear wheels and get a AUX cooler kit at the same time ! the extra wheel helps pervent breaking the one outside wheel by it self... hapend to me on a odd landing in a mine field....end up parking it early that weekend. Everyone that has done a long track has found there sled runs hot after so just do the AUX cooler while you have the seat off now!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I also have the TracksUSA extensions on my Xtra-10. So far, I can't complain about them at all. Last season I launched pretty good and came down really hard on the rear and there is NO damage at all. They are machined out of aluminum and mount to the rails in a far more superior way than the SLP extensions to. I fully endorse the TracksUSA extensions... not that I think I'm anyone special :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts