Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since SnoMan does not usually have much information on their website on these things why don't clubs post the information here?

Post all of your poker derbies, raffle draws and other special events so we know about them and can support the clubs. Please pass this along to all club members you know who will hopefully tell their executive and then post the information here and they should do it on SnoMan website also.

Ditto for amounts of snow (since conditions are to be done on SnoMan) on various trails and riding areas designated and not so sledders know where to go for snow.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
From past experience, most people choose not to say they're a club member, let alone flog their events (like myself...). On the other hand, I wonder how many people on here are club members?

Most clubs now sell the Snoman raffle tickets. We haven't had a raffle of our own for quite a few years. We get 50% of the sales and don't have to worry about printing tickets or arranging prizes, etc...

As far as derbies go, they are dying out in Eastern MB.

For other club events, they are usually only for club members only. We continue to advertise all club events on our website.
For more info, most clubs already have their own websites, so check there.

I don't mean to put a negative spin on this, but those are the facts...

:m2c:

·
Registered
28 Posts
The South Interlake SnoRiders are holding a poker derby on Saturday, January 6th. Registration is at the Mountain Motor Inn in Stony Mountain or Frydays in Teulon. Registration is 9:30 to 1:30. The ride is about 75 miles.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The South Interlake SnoRiders are holding a poker derby on Saturday, January 6th. Registration is at the Mountain Motor Inn in Stony Mountain or Frydays in Teulon. Registration is 9:30 to 1:30. The ride is about 75 miles.[/b]
i was on that ride yesterday, trails were groomed and good and it was a nice day. they did a good job with the derby and ill be goind next year.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Actually it is St. Martin Power Tobbaggan Club. LSM is an Indian reseve 20 miles east. There are between 250 - 300 miles of trails up there, but grooming has got a bad start when groomer broke down before they even started. Most trails are between 12-20 feet wide when groomed though. Mostly thick bush and swamp, maybe 10 miles of ditch at the most.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah I passed a bunch of the guys on the SnoRiders derby on Saturday - quite a few out. Was a nice day for sure. Trails were beat up bad by the end of the day though.

Anyways I think Stony Mountain has another one later in the year, Feb maybe? Also I heard Inwood's club has 2 a year, one in late Jan the other not sure.

·
Registered
725 Posts
JAN 21 vintage snowmobile race in Carnduff SK ,approx 45 minutes south west of Melita

also having a poker derby FEB 17,$5000.00 in prizes,giving away a new panasonic 52" LCD TV + more

hosted by southeast stubble jumpers

·
Registered
139 Posts
Snowmobile drags in Fisher Branch, Manitoba. February 24, 2007 registration 8:30- 10:30 am at the rec center
(west end of town) by the tower. All must enter the rec center to gain access to the race track
Note: bring all your drivers with you when you enter the sleds at rec center
Races to start at 11:00 am sharp
500 stock to 1000 stock
500 mod to 1000 mod
open class
and if any interest with the 400-440 class we will run them too.

Each class costs $20 to enter
stock machine can enter the mod class if they do wish, as well as any higher class stock or mod as well

any questions call Dwain at 1-204-372-6373

Fisher Branch Carnival Snowmobile Races

Also look to the other post for more info please ask your questions there
It is under Fisher Branch Carinval Races

Thanks
Interock[attachment=298736:101_1344.JPG]

·
Registered
20 Posts
I heard there was a derby in Pine Falls (Maskwa Club?) on Feb 17. Does anyone have any information? Start time, end time, cost, where to register? Looking to bring out a few sledders. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.