Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I used to travel down to a place just inside the Illinois border by Antioch called Woz's. every weekend they had radar runs, but I doubt the have any ice right now.

Also in early February i used to go to the New Berlin VFW for the snow drags and oval races. I cannot remember the club name that sponsored it, but it was always a fun day.

especially the oval races. it was never glare ice, more of a real heavy snow that was trucked in from parking lots being cleared. You cold almost be competitive with worn out trail studs. They classed nicely too, stock meant stock!! Plastic ski's or covers on steel ski's would get you booted out of stock class if the sled didn't come with them. they were so strict. but it weeded out the weenies with the 800 triples stuffed into 500 class sleds competing in the 500 class.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
No more races at Wasz's. They sold the place after their son got killed in the motorcycle accident. When conditions are good there are radar runs on Castle Rock Lake. Contact Rick Klien at the Doo dealer in Dellwood,Wi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts