Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I'll be out there as usual, but not running it.

So, how many people are going to buy a tek-vest/saf-jac and leg protection to run this? And whats the deal with leg protection? this is a radar run, not an oval race! only 1 sled at a time.

I have more fun a cruiserfest, they maintain a hardpack run for the un-picked guys. if the runs at St. germain had a hardpack run I would consider it.

Good brats out in St. Germain though.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I should be there. Not runnin in it, but hopefully doing some outlaw drags on the side.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'll be out there as usual, but not running it.

So, how many people are going to buy a tek-vest/saf-jac and leg protection to run this? And whats the deal with leg protection? this is a radar run, not an oval race! only 1 sled at a time.

I have more fun a cruiserfest, they maintain a hardpack run for the un-picked guys. if the runs at St. germain had a hardpack run I would consider it.

Good brats out in St. Germain though.[/b]
What is the cruiserfest? I was up over new years weekend and seen a bunch of signs for this.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
What is the cruiserfest? I was up over new years weekend and seen a bunch of signs for this.[/b]

Cruiser-fest is a very fun and popular snowmobile event held on Lake Minocqua. here is a link to the club website, it is down half the time so just try again later if you get an Unavailable message Cruiser-fest

radar runs on hardpack with prize money to fastest sled of the day only. Lots of food, Kitty-Kat races, Un-sponsored impromptu watercross at the channel between the lakes.

Silent auction for sleds and other sporting products. basically a great weekend all around, very busy in the area so expect trashed trails and no vacancy signs anywhere near the city. and expect heavy enforcement from the DNR goon-patrol being in town too.

Minocqua, A/V, Woodruff chamber also sponsors a winter "chill-out weekend" on Big Arbor Vitae lake, please do not confuse these 2 totally different events, the Chill-out event almost seems Anti-snowmobiler. The local chamber of commerce really has their collective heads stuck up their asses lately.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I will/should be up but not running with the new rules.

Wifes job has a 1 week shut down, may be up the whole week, have to talk here into it.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I'll probably be up there for that. Id run my sled there too, but Im not going to put a tether on it just for that. I could just wear my MX roost guard and my kneeguards, but not going to put a tether on my sled for a once a year thing.
Not sure how well Id go either. Ive got an 1.25" Ripsaw, but Im sure with no studs Id spin like crazy off the line.
It would be fun just to see what my sled would do though...
Most likely they mandate chest protectors knee guards and tethers for insurance reasons. You never know what might happen and they are most likely just protecting themselves.
At almost all races you sign a waiver stating that if you realize racing can be dangerous and that you assume all risks and wont sue if you get hurt at the event. You know, standard release form. :dunno:
I could see the tether and chest protector, but the knee guards seem kinda excessive.

·
Registered
105 Posts
We had quite a few drag sleds out there two years ago and to be quite honest. It sucked. Track sucked and the orginization of it was terrible. We decided to never return. Cruiserfest is a much better option. That is a great event and run very well.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have to agree Cruiserfest is a good time. If your going I suggest go early and plan a stay all day. Usually LOTs of sleds both normal "Joe's" and real drag sleds. My buddies and I used to all throw in a few bucks and run it just for the fun of it. Of course we always had a little side bet pool and had some rules of our own because everyone was running different sized sleds. But in anycase we always had a goodtime.

I also agree with WHAT THE HELL???? are they thinking in St.G? :dunno: with all the body armour rules. That will surely take away any of the passerbys or fans who might have wanted to take a run or two as well as most of the regular joes. Oh well there loss. If there intention is to have a "Professionols Only Drags" so be it but I dont understand why they would exclude a huge number of others who would gladly toss in 10-20 bucks for 2-3 runs.

mps.......Just my 2 cents. :div20:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
that sled with the 4 pipes is crazy, would like to see that.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I was cruising through the Wisconsin Snowmobile laws for another thread and get this!!

Wisconsin actually has a State law that any radar-run, derby, drag race. or any speed event all participating sleds Must have a tether switch!!

When the heck did they sneak that in there?

I'll edit this post and paste in the statute verbiage including the numbers. So maybe that is why the goon squad was hanging out there that weekend.

Wouldn't that be special of them to try and shut down a fundraiser for no tether switches, or ticketing people at the end of the run!!

I wouldn't put it past them!!

EDIT:

Statute 350.09 paragraph 9 states as follows;

(9) All snowmobiles competing in a sanctioned race or derby
shall be equipped with a device wired into the motor’s electrical
system that will shut off the motor if the operator falls from the
snowmobile or otherwise leaves the operator’s position. The
device shall be capable of being attached to the body of the operator,
and shall be so attached when the snowmobile is being operated.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I'd be happy to hand you an arse whoopen on the side. yeah the tether thing sucks...who wants to do that.[/b]
Id certainly hope youd be able to handle me an "arse whooping". Let see, single piped 600 vs an 800 triple-triple. Now theres a real fair race. :fuckoff:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Naw, guys just mad no snow to ride. How hard to hook up a tether cord? Could a guy swap out one from an old zzr580 to go on a zrt? Like they said earlier, the new rules make the average joe riding by not able to run. Pretty crappy IMO.

Wanted: Snow storm with 12+ ...paying big bucks PM me. :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.