Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to race a little sno-cross, and i was just readin one of davey_boy's post and he said that the f7 would have to race in the mod class... i knew this, but never thought about it... i really want a f-7 but, i want to race also... SO mt question is... F-6 or F-7... this would be a 03 , not brand new...
What is the weight difference??? I'M SO COMFUSED!!! :wacko:

·
Registered
32 Posts
F5 you could run in Sport 500, 600, Open
F6 600, Open
F7 Open

I would say get the F6 because nothing sucks more than having to sit around a half a day just for one heat. With a smaller sled you'd have the chance to race more classes. With an F5 though racing in 500 class you get paired up with all the race prepped 440's and a really large field. I would split the difference and get more heats out of racing a 600. 600 class is not nearly as big as 500 or open so it'll give you a better oppportunity of being successful initially. As far as weight is concerned, i wouldn't worry about it, the most important tool in winning is driving skill.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
pick a class THEN pick the sled.........im 35 so masters was the best choice, plus the sleds must be 600 cc's or less and remain bone stock except for clutching and suspension , the f-5 sno-pro was the best choice for me .

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a bunch guys... i'm not going to race in any wsa sationed races... just local sno-x (bout 5 races) and one hill cross. I am going to go for the f6... at the time i will race, i will be 17, so f-6 should fit me well... I plan on gearin it lower, a mbrp can, and a little work on the suspendion, and c&a skis

·
Registered
539 Posts
if you never raced before you should start out at a lower class,its a lot harder than it looks when you get out there in race traffic.also you will not be able to use a b&d eliminator in stock class.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts