Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,462 Posts
i remeber a while back, during bike week in Laconia ya used to be able to buy cam 2 12 oct , right at the pump, but race track is best bet, or small airport
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
All the airports have 110 octane, since 90% of the single engine planes run on 110 octane, which is where the private pilots buy it from, try there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Actually, planes run 100LL, which stands for low lead, not unleaded. Not sure if it will cause any issues.

Any reason you're looking for 110??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
I do not recommend aviation fuel, 100ll. Been that route, it is not what a sled needs to run, to many additives to keep airplane engines running at high altitude, anti evaporation and de-icing agents......your sled will lose power. Allmost any performance bike or 4 wheeler shop will have 110 fuel, we now use sunoco 110, cut if with 93 to get the octane we need. 2 gal 110, 3 gal 93, you have 5 gal of 99.8. Higher numbers, you will need VP. Check on a search engine for VP fuels, it will list a distributor that is nearest to you. Good luck, T.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
I buy mine from my Cat Dealer.... :div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
VP or TORCO dealer. do not use airplane fuel its oxygenated fuel and will give you problems like rebuild your top end problems I am lucky bastard we have a semi local sunoco that sells CAM2 at the pump 112 octane $585 a gallon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
Originally posted by fastzilla@Oct 10 2005, 08:22 AM
VP or TORCO dealer. do not use airplane fuel its oxygenated fuel and will give you problems like rebuild your top end problems I am lucky bastard we have a semi local sunoco that sells CAM2 at the pump 112 octane $585 a gallon
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919315
[/quote]
Fastzilla, we tried it in our F7 on grass, made two passes, sled about died. Got it all out, hope it runs better. After reading your post, went out to shop, pulled the pipe, checked piston faces, compression at 140cold, guess we got out of it ok. Hope the Cam2 is $5.85, not $585.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by catattack57@Oct 10 2005, 07:05 AM
I do not recommend aviation fuel, 100ll.  Been that route, it is not what a sled needs to run, to many additives to keep airplane engines running at high altitude, anti evaporation and de-icing agents......your sled will lose power.  Allmost any performance bike or 4 wheeler shop will have 110 fuel, we now use sunoco 110, cut if with 93 to get the octane we need.  2 gal 110, 3 gal 93, you have 5 gal of 99.8.  Higher numbers, you will need VP.  Check on a search engine for VP fuels, it will list a distributor that is nearest to you.  Good luck, T.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919211
[/quote]

I would never use AV or airplane fuel in my sled of or race car for that matter. The flow rate is much different or I sould say dencity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,580 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looking to get some for my 04 780 speedwerx sno pro. --- i guess i was asking if anyone in chicago-- or sub. knew where to get some. the highest octane i can find is 100 at the local track in sycamore.

if anyone has some and would like to sell -- i need about 20 gallons . should be enough for 10 races!!!!

now that i think about that -- that gas milage sux!!!!!!!!!!


whatever -- all gas is a write off anyway!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
just order up the pump fuel inserts from speedwerx....you will save way more in the cost of the inserts as compared to the cost of the race fuel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
Sorry, we got a little off track there. Here are a couple phone no's I found
Smith Oil Corp Rockford Ill, 815-229-8100 and Bazell Oil Co, Logan OH, 740-385-5420. These numbers should be able to get you what you need, good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
barta power sports out of McHenry 815-363-5549 ,Goodwin performance 847-872-4001, Tom jones racing park city 847-626-3210,
there is a small gas station in downtown Barrington that sells it at the pump Wayne service in antioch on RT. 173
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by bad brad@Oct 10 2005, 04:17 PM
just order up the pump fuel inserts from speedwerx....you will save way more in the cost of the inserts as compared to the cost of the race fuel
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920295
[/quote]


i didn't know that speedwerx made a pump gas head for their 780--- did you read the post right --- or should i call speedwerx tommorow!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
Just call TORCO, they have distributors all over. VP is good also but make sure you get the right octane. C-12 isn't 112 motor octane but C-112+ is. So ask about the 110 before you buy. Also check ship dates this is just after summer so the heat takes its toll if it was stored above ground.......... Wanna make sure you still have the "lite ones" still in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Originally posted by aczr711@Oct 10 2005, 06:56 PM
i didn't know that speedwerx made a pump gas head for their 780--- did you read the post right --- or should i call speedwerx tommorow!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920550
[/quote]
in the speedwerx cataloge on page #31...it states;**pump gas applications available,call for more info.....so yes,give them a call
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top