Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
early in the winter i looked at posts saying some racers were having thier ecus reprogrammed at major racing events is that true? today i noticed in the classifieds someone is selling a drag ecu for 1,200.00 is this for real? i also heard that ac will reprogram your chip so it will make 152hp but will not warranty motor after the race ecu is installed wonder how much that would cost?

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Man, I don't know what to trust anymore about these ECU's. ALl I know is that mine is stock and it is the yellow sqare. :blink:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Yes,
The drag racers can get different ECU's. Kind of like when the EFI's used to have drag chips and how the carbed sleds jet down several more sizes than you could safely run on the trail. I don't know availability of the chips, but have been told by a factory drag racer that they are close to 150 hp.

Cat S.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok wheres all the racing guys out there? how much for the race ecu? how can i get one?

·
Registered
772 Posts
far as i know..talk to dealer... i talked to mine (dimmerman Brothers)...said send to cat-for 100 dollars...and ZERO warranty after that...

but they are programed for like 660, 1000ft... etc etc..dont think they have a "trail performance" setting..they just reprogram it

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
They are available for Arctic Cat racers because we don't get a warranty with our sleds. They are for 660' and 1000' runs only. They are not trailable. If you did get yours done, it voids the warranty. I would bet the 1000' box wouldn't survive trail use without at least 100 octane fuel. My motor will go back on the dyno when my box comes back after being reprogrammed for asphalt. I will post results when it happens. I also have access to a reprogrammed ECU trail version, so we will see if it loses HP or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts