Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any hope for this helix?I know dumb Question.Im hoping some one has one I see alot of HCS change them.I like the way this sled performs thats why I liked to get another r12, but open to sugestions.Its off 2002edge 700 with 144 studs mostly trail ride.Buttons wore out in 1600 miles,I was saprised when I seen this as the 1st buttons were half worn when changed at 2500.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
replace it brad, too much clearance even with new teflon in outer bushing, she'll still "rock" like hell

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
as long as it's nowhere as bad as that one from yours :div20:

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
do you do a lot of jumping? I think landing with the power on pounds the crap out of the buttons! I was finding that If I replaced the buttons every 1500 miles performance never dropped off , did your score the helix? does it need new bushings? how many total miles are on it? how often did you clean and lube it? sorry for so many questions , I am just trying to get a feel for how far the clutches will go ..... I may be in the market to get a used 600 for a back up ....

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
r-12 should be easy to find used,theres lots out there ,i got a near new one.
because i ran a dalton 50-38 FP which was even better. both for sale .
but you should find one locally soon,
PS, Buttons are so cheap i change them 3 times a year

the more aggresive the helix, the faster the buttons wear
a straight 36 will likely last 3-4000 mies

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Jumping but I bang the corners hard, cleaned it once at 2500 to put buttons in, it has 4100 on it now to but new bushing in .Didnt think you where saposed to lube them.Ya its scored bad, might have got cheap buttons they were a differant color.Got the good ones this time I think.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by xcbullet@Sep 5 2005, 08:15 PM
.Didnt think you where saposed to lube them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=862061
[/quote]
the tiniest amount of grease(barely a film) to inner(small dia bushing), zero on large(outer)bushing or helix outer surface

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Originally posted by xcbullet@Sep 5 2005, 08:15 PM
No Jumping but I bang  the corners hard, cleaned it once at 2500  to put buttons in, it has 4100 on it  now to but new bushing in .Didnt think you where saposed to lube them.Ya its scored bad, might have got cheap buttons they were a differant color.Got the good ones this time I think.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=862061
[/quote]

I have to say I had good luck with the OEM buttons..... They never seamed really bad when I checked them each fall , not to say someone doesnt make better ones! I guess you know what your getting with OEM stuff and aftermarket is a crap shoot..... the ones I used where a tan / lt brown in color , a bit pricy if I recall .

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I might have a good used one, I will look for it tonight, let me know. Good price :div20:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
FWIW,bought the CHEAP buttons from royaldistributing a few years back,big mistake, they literlly melted in 4-500 miles,almost took the helix out,
as they saying goes,you get what you pay for

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.