3 teams finished
1 scratched
75% finished

Way better finishing percentage than any other brand

·
Registered
374 Posts
Since 2009, cat has only won once......that was in 2017, before the C-TEC

Im not saying its a bad motor, but it isnt as good as the old Zuk, or any of the other brands. Maybe it will get some upgrades soon like the 800 is getting.
Just FYI, the c-tec 600 came out in 2014.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Just curious. How many ctec 600s have you owned?
My buddy has one, and it lost a piston at 1500 miles.It has been good since and now is at 5k miles.
And how many I have owned is not relevant. When they first came out there was more than a few on here that blew too. like I said , I'm not here to start shit. but they are not the greatest 600 out there, I'd say thet are pretty much equal.
“My buddy” how typical. How many you owned is relevant because you haven’t owned any and are talking like you have. I personally have owned two and never had a single engine issue. I beat the daylights out of them also. You can watch my YouTube videos and see for yourself how they run. I won’t tell you that “my buddy” has them and they run great. Every manufacturer is going to have some failures, it’s the way it is. But to say the 6000 ctec isn’t reliable, is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I love how some put words in my mouth, and cannot interpret what i said. And fuck you on my buddy shit, he rode with me every time I rode, and I just lost him to a heart attack last tuesday.If you want to believe they are the greatest 600, go ahead, i think they are all about equal. The End

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I love how some put words in my mouth, and cannot interpret what i said. And fuck you on my buddy shit, he rode with me every time I rode, and I just lost him to a heart attack last tuesday.If you want to believe they are the greatest 600, go ahead, i think they are all about equal. The End
Way to be an adult about this. Never said they are the greatest, just that they’re reliable as I know from first hand experience.

Sorry to hear about your friend. May he ready in peace.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
There has been some piston failures in the ctec2 6000's and was in the 14'-15's for the most part. They first started seeing it in the cross country racing, on very long pull's the ECU calibration was not giving the engine enough oil on the R-XC's their for a ecu update was put out to add about 2% more oil on top end. Another reason for piston failure on the ctec2 6000/8000 is ingestion of snow into the intake, I have a 14' RR 6000 that I just picked up cheap with 1840 miles with a shattered intake skirt. The owner said his son was riding in very deep powder when it happened and after removing the hood to figure out what the problem was the engine compartment was full of snow along with the intake.

Have also seen a few new 18'-19' 8000's with broken intake skirts with snow also present in the intake's, either people are not getting the hood back on correctly or they have a poor seal from the start.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Well we could sit here all night talking about sleds and failures but the fact is, there just isn’t many from the 6000.

True but just stating what I knew and there are piston failures but not very common.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts