Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 Apex RTX, I put it in revers on asphalt or cement and it dont want to back up.
I have to sit on the rear bumper to make it squat enough to move.
Its studded with 144 studs too.
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2021 Matryx VR1 850 137 Storm
2,197 Posts
I've experienced the same problem. Not enough grip on pavement with studs. No way to improve unless you have an unstudded track.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To date 8.60 @ 162 MPH.
Looking to run 8.0s or faster this summer.

Yours looks good as well.
Times?

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
<<<I've experienced the same problem. Not enough grip on pavement with studs. No way to improve unless you have an unstudded track. >>>

Speaking as one that has been stuck in the middle of a road, I can tell you with a degree of certainty that an unstudded track is not the solution either. As far as backing up, the manf. likely didn't taper/angle the back side of the rear carbide inserts - causing them to dig in trying to back up.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did this with my Simmons skis and still with my USI triple threats.
I think both had have Stud boy carbides.
And this isnt on dirt its on Cement and Asphalt

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
<<<And this isnt on dirt its on Cement and Asphalt >>>

Gotcha-
The experience I was speaking of was on a damp 4 lane asphalt road - and because my sled was just sitting there, stuck, oncoming traffic came scary close. I left the shoulder in plenty of time to cross, but the guy in front of me slowed down as he approached the bank on the far side - causing me to stop....... with no clue that getting it going again might be an issue. Another lesson learned the hard way - and damn sure never forgotten!

·
Premium Member
2021 Matryx VR1 850 137 Storm
2,197 Posts
To date 8.60 @ 162 MPH.
Looking to run 8.0s or faster this summer.

Yours looks good as well.
Times?[/b]

Mines an '89. Just upgraded the motor to a 331. Best ET of [email protected] mph with 100 shot of N2O. Runs 12.1 on the motor. Still has air conditioning and all accessories! And 60,000 original miles with the original paint. I run at New England Dragway here in NH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts