Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, in the specifications for the f-5 it says standard equipment is a spark plug holder. where is this thing exactly? has anybody found it, and if so i must not be looking hard enough.... must be in some secret location :blink:

·
Registered
437 Posts
on the other ones with the holder its like right next to the extra belt holder, but i dont see one ithor. Im not sure exactly lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The spark plug holder person at the factory must have been sick for a couple months :rolleyes: , none have them that I've heard of. Asked the dealer about it and they checked the other machines they got(none had one) and told me they could sell me one. C'mon now, they're like $4, why not just put one on. :wacko:

·
Registered
720 Posts
They were scrapped at the last minute to save weight. That way the F7 stayed under 460 lbs. :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
That was probably one of the 26% fewer parts used to build my F7, seems as though were putting those parts back on with the updates, so maybe the holder will become an update soon... whatever keep em in your coat pocket

·
Registered
112 Posts
I added a spark plug holder to the clutch guard, next to the belt holder. Took all of about 5 mins. I guess when you want your sled to be lightest in class, you have to be prepared to make some concessions. I don't mind adding a plug holder, but where is the grease zerk for the speedo side drive shaft bearing? Without a grease fitting, you might as well just change that bearing as part of every years fall tune up.

-bullwhip

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by Bullwhip@Jan 16 2003, 04:35 AM
I added a spark plug holder to the clutch guard, next to the belt holder. Took all of about 5 mins. I guess when you want your sled to be lightest in class, you have to be prepared to make some concessions. I don't mind adding a plug holder, but where is the grease zerk for the speedo side drive shaft bearing? Without a grease fitting, you might as well just change that bearing as part of every years fall tune up.

-bullwhip
Speaking of grease zerks, I'm suprised no one has mention yet about the 'lack' of grease zerks on the rear suspension front arm upper mounting points. I see the 440 SnoPro has zerks on each side in this arm....... I wonder how long it will take to bind up since all that is in there is a metal collar and a couple of bushings(metal also... :( ) and no ability to pump any grease to it.
-John

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow@Jan 16 2003, 06:14 AM
Speaking of grease zerks, I'm suprised no one has mention yet about the 'lack' of grease zerks on the rear suspension front arm upper mounting points.
Good point, John. I added grease to the front arm pivot manually when I did the "longer bolt" update.

-bullwhip

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
My 02 ZR 440 Sno Pro came with a spark plug holder. The guy had it in a box with the extra boggy wheels and stuff. I had to put it on myself though. Wonder why the Firecat doesn't have one standard?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts