Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is what I would like to do. I would like to keep my 03 but get rid of the EFI and run carbs. Is there a market for the complete intake system and what would it be worth? Thanks

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I would think there is no market it would only fit a 700 carb which even isnt out yet. The ECU would be worth something in 3-4 years for somone looking to replace a failed one. I was wondering from your other post why you would start with a sno pro rather than your 700 to build on. Still have to buy carbs as the 440 are to small for a big motor

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah kind of what I figured. I thought incorrectly maybe, that the SP 730 and the D&D 720 kits were meant for the 440 case? If I can build the 730 which is the one I like, on my 700 cases then that would be my preference for sure. Also, in the latest Cat pride the D&D ad has a blurb about an 800 EFI kit for the F7? Anyone know anything about this? Thanks

·
Registered
20,051 Posts
Black magic makes a crab kit for the 03 f7. The part number. (80-2691) F7 EFI/Carb Conversion kit.

description of carb kit from www.Blackmagicracing.com

F7 EFI/Carb Conversion Kit

If you are a true performance enthusiast, you will want to make some additions and modifications to your 700cc Rocket Ship. With the production EFI system, we are not able to make the fuel and ignition map alterations that are required to make the usual aftermarket pipe and big bore kits work effectively.

We can however convert your vehicle to utilize a pair of 40mm Flatslide Carbs that allows us to make some of these modifications.

The kit is complete with a 40mm rack carb system calibrated for a stock 700 Firecat and throttle cable.

***This kit will require that your ECU be sent in along with the respective serial number of your vehicle and engine. Black Magic will convert the ECU to accept the carb style of fuel delivery.

***It is also required for any of the twin pipe, big bore or porting procedures to your engine.

***THIS KIT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!

80-2691 F7 EFI/Carb Conversion modification $549.00

******You must send in your ECU to receive this kit******

******THE USE OF THIS KIT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY******

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that looks exactly like what I need. Now I just need to find someone out west that can tune them LOL! Shave the head, do some porting, twin pipes, My little F outta scream :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Bad news. Tim at Black Magic said he scrapped the twin pipe carb conversion for F7, something to do with ecu reprogramming. TOO MUCH $$$. I looked into it earlier this year. Here's what I'm looking at. I've posted earlier about D&D's F8 efi kit, it's going to be a progamable kit. It's called the Pro 2 (for twin pipe) 800 efi kit. They are also making a carb kit, but Dan claims the efi kit is the fastest one. It's going to sell for $3900, carb $3400. Black Magic also has a kit which is carbed. Both are claiming around 165hp. Dan @D&D says the efi F8 is 10mph faster in 1500 feet than a similiar set-up F7.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by duke1n@Mar 18 2003, 08:52 AM
Yeah kind of what I figured. I thought incorrectly maybe, that the SP 730 and the D&D 720 kits were meant for the 440 case? If I can build the 730 which is the one I like, on my 700 cases then that would be my preference for sure. Also, in the latest Cat pride the D&D ad has a blurb about an 800 EFI kit for the F7? Anyone know anything about this? Thanks
From the newest SnowTech....

D&D has developed and is testing an 800cc F8 efi upgrade for the F7,pulling 164.5hp on their dyno at only 7800rpm.This is with twin pipes,and they're also working on single pipe version of the package.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts