Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled my y pipe, pipe and can off this fall and painted them (and yes....they already flaked off! DAMMIT!)......anyway, I was riding the sled last weekend and could smell an exhaust leak right away. After riding a bit, I found that it was leaking at the Y pipe to the pipe a little and from pipe to can a little. After riding it about 15 more miles, it seemed to get better and wasn't leaking or I was baked from smelling it and didn't notice it anymore. I also didn't notice it at all or barely at all after opening the hood.

Do the doughnuts on both the pipe and can change form after being heated so that the exhaust leak would stop or am I crazy? If they don't change form, is it bad to run it like this or should I replace them immediately?

Thanks for help....

·
Registered
282 Posts
If it is a bad enough leak it can cause the sled to run lean a bit. A heavy exhaust leak will definitely cause a loss of power, lack of exhaust scavenging. Take teh exhaust apart and put back together with a high-temp sealant like Loctite Ultra-Black. For about $10 a tube, it'll buy a lot of peace of mind.

Skip

·
Registered
580 Posts
If it is a bad enough leak it can cause the sled to run lean a bit. A heavy exhaust leak will definitely cause a loss of power, lack of exhaust scavenging. Take teh exhaust apart and put back together with a high-temp sealant like Loctite Ultra-Black. For about $10 a tube, it'll buy a lot of peace of mind.

Skip[/b]
I agree,hight temp silicone will do the trick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts