Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a die hard Cat guy but from what I'm reading, I may have to jump ship. It seems like Ski-Doo has upped the ante again, and I might have to switch. My only question is, do you freeze your ass off when riding the XP? It looks like little to no wind protection at all.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I am amazed at how warm the XP is. It must be the windshield angle or something??? Too me, it's much warmer than my last two Revs and very close to my Firecats in terms warmth.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies...maybe they do have a good angle to that little bitty windshield. Just by looking at it, you would think the air would hit you square in the chest.

·
Registered
332 Posts
A buddy of mine lives on the West end of the UP and he would call Bulls*#% on the warm part. He is far from a wuss and puts on more miles on sleds and quads that most people I know. He came off from a 2006 Rev and has a XP 800R x and said it is the coldest thing he has ever ridden. He ordered to mid height or whatever he calls it windshield for it. I gets very cold in the Wakefield area, perhaps the people that say they are not cold haven't had them out in really cold temps yet.

I does primarily off trail riding but when you want to run the trails is says that is the worst.

Just reporting what I ws told.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have only put 200 miles on and the coldest was about 10. Not much different than riding my old rev or my pal's firecat. I did put the mid height on, never even tried the shorty that it came with.
I haven't felt the vibrations that all the rags are complaining about, actually seems smoother than my last one. dunno, I ain't no expert

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm a die hard Cat guy but from what I'm reading, I may have to jump ship. It seems like Ski-Doo has upped the ante again, and I might have to switch. My only question is, do you freeze your ass off when riding the XP? It looks like little to no wind protection at all.[/b]
Ya know what the are a lot of good opinions in this form but what your asking
needs to be desided by you,go take one for a ride see what you think.
Everyone has a different chill factror,
The new siuts help too.
Way better than 5 years ago.
Cats new F series is in the same league with the XP for cold and wind IMO.
Best of luck in your search.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
A buddy of mine lives on the West end of the UP and he would call Bulls*#% on the warm part. He is far from a wuss and puts on more miles on sleds and quads that most people I know. He came off from a 2006 Rev and has a XP 800R x and said it is the coldest thing he has ever ridden. He ordered to mid height or whatever he calls it windshield for it. I gets very cold in the Wakefield area, perhaps the people that say they are not cold haven't had them out in really cold temps yet.

I does primarily off trail riding but when you want to run the trails is says that is the worst.

Just reporting what I ws told.[/b]
I have both and neither are too cold to ride, can't say one is colder than the next. If you get cold your gear isn't up to snuff.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Rode my buds XP, 2 weekends ago. Air hits you right in the chest, unless your a fukin miget! Just needs a bigger windscreen, and yes I know it doesn't look cool. LOL
The gauge cover on the XP is about as useless as my Apex screen, No not quite that bad. LOL

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Well...Just what i feel while riding. I did install the $18 wind deflectors...LOL !!!!!!! My Rev XP is not colder than my Rev X !!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have ridden mine in sub-zero temps.....on the days its colder than 10,it is cold to ride (what sled wouldnt be.....its 10 degrees!!) but yeah,it hits you right in the chest,I agree with the "good gear" advice,but I will say....it is actually WARMER (to the rest of the body) than my REV was. I think the mid-hi windshield would remedy the chest cold situation.....

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
I have both and neither are too cold to ride, can't say one is colder than the next. If you get cold your gear isn't up to snuff.[/b]
I agree I think with todays clothing windshields will become a thing of the past, Look at the 600rr Polaris

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm a die hard Cat guy but from what I'm reading, I may have to jump ship. It seems like Ski-Doo has upped the ante again, and I might have to switch. My only question is, do you freeze your ass off when riding the XP? It looks like little to no wind protection at all.[/b]
Below the waist it is warmer than my REV was, above the waist my X is colder. I bought the mid height windshield for the colder rides.

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
It's not that cold,I have owned colder rides before.A windshield upgrade would solve the problem.The XP is amazing sled!Try one out and see if the sled is for you.You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
ive been a die hard cat guy too,, and now i have the xp and i like it,,,,,,, i put on the mid height windsheild and i think it looks good too,,, biggest thing is coming off a firecat is the xp handles so good and you can go much faster through the twisties and best part to me is when the trails get rough i can go all day through it at 65 - 70 and i dont feel beat up the next day,,,i rode when it was minus 18 at night i was good except for my hands,,,,,,,, no handwarmers,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i've had 2 revs and the xp is much colder. one rev was an x and i put a mid on that one. i now have the x model xp and i installed the mid shield along with the side deflectors. helps a ton plus supposedly ads 3 mph. have'nt tested that myself yet but it's been verified by some on doo talk.

·
Registered
627 Posts
i've always wondered why everyones ''buddies'' have the problems and why they don't post the problems themselves....hmmmm

·
Registered
5,011 Posts

I have 485 miles on my xpx with the midheight windscreen w/side shields and it is preety warm,but you do sit up a tad higher than my apex i last rode,but it is not as warm as my wifes classic poo,but the way i reide it dont really matter,its wfo or not lol and i have been out in minus 10 degrees running 100 plus,so i guess that it about as cold as i generally ride that fast.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts