Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 07 800 Blizzard but, before I left the dealer, they wanted to make sure that I would be happy comin off a ZR900 to the PT800 and not the 800R.

The issue that I saw with the XP was with he transition from sitting to standing. I felt like I was on my old chassis with my feet forward. Then to stand, I had to bring my feet back as my shins hit the cowl. I didn't like it. I like the smooth transation of the REV chassis. I feel my feet are locked in the sturups and I do not have to HUG the chassis for stability.

Anyway, I would sure like to see some feedback to see if anyone else is encountering this or am I just NUTZ.

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
You're not nuts, the Rev chassis does "lock" you in better, but I will take the XP pos'n any day over the Rev. I prefer to stand 90% of my riding, and the XP just feels like it handles better than the Rev while standing. The wife still has an 06 Rev, and switching back and forth is night and day, the XP is that much better.

Best of luck, you'll love the Rev.

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,384 Posts
A bud of mine bought a '07 800 Blizzard last winter and I was impressed at the power.
Sure, it's not a much on paper as the ZR 9 or 800R but I felt it ran very respectfully.

I have never been a fan of the Rev riding position but feel very at home on the XP.
Although I haven't been able to ride an XP yet, the riding position feels very much
like my Fusion. Plus, imo, the looks are to die for. :yes: If they can keep them together
and reliable, I just may be on one in a few years. :whistle:

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
I rode a friends 04 REV coming off my 03 ZX. Wow, what a difference. Now I picked up my 08 XP, and went back to riding that REV for a few miles while he rode the XP, and the REV feels lots different no doubt.

Both are very nice. The feeling on the XP is more natural to me. IMO.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your sledding!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have owned a rev chassis and currently own a RT chassis and a XP and they all feel a little different. What I enjoy most about the XP is the fact that my knees dont get so beat up. The seat on the XP also makes it easier for transition from running board to running board.

The hardest transition for me right now is when have to go from lightwieght XP to the heavywieght RT...its like going back 10 years in time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i rode a freinds rev last year for a day and my legs and knees were killing me,,, felt like the footwell was too far back and by sitting on it naturaly your knees are bent more than 90 degrees which puts alot of strain on them,,, the xp is the way to go,,, not to mention the less weight,,,, better everything with less weight

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just purchased a 07 800 Blizzard but, before I left the dealer, they wanted to make sure that I would be happy comin off a ZR900 to the PT800 and not the 800R.

The issue that I saw with the XP was with he transition from sitting to standing. I felt like I was on my old chassis with my feet forward. Then to stand, I had to bring my feet back as my shins hit the cowl. I didn't like it. I like the smooth transation of the REV chassis. I feel my feet are locked in the sturups and I do not have to HUG the chassis for stability.

Anyway, I would sure like to see some feedback to see if anyone else is encountering this or am I just NUTZ.

Thanks ![/b]
I had a Rev and loved it, great sled. What i like about the XP in comparison is the fact that you have the leg room to rest from the bent knee position.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You're not nuts. The rev provided a more "locked in" feeling and the xp "loose". I did feel more at home stand up riding on the rev, very easy and natural. The xp does take some work and most likely saddle time to get it. The rev really locked in the boots, like nothing else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts