Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while doing some checking on my sled i found that the spring on the oil pump was disconnected (no pressure on it). would this affect anything engine or oil wise? also found that where seemed to be a excess of oil on the inside of the skid plate but couldn't really see where it have come from. all gear clamps seemed to be tight and everything in the right place. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
am i the only guy that mnoticed its an efi? they have a solid linkage arm that opens and closes the pump arm.the only reason the spring needs to be hooked up on efi sleds is to move the pump to the wide open position if the rod falls off( failsafe to prevent engine damage if rod comes off while engine is running)

·
Registered
681 Posts
am i the only guy that mnoticed its an efi? they have a solid linkage arm that opens and closes the pump arm.the only reason the spring needs to be hooked up on efi sleds is to move the pump to the wide open position if the rod falls off( failsafe to prevent engine damage if rod comes off while engine is running)[/b]
Your right, silly me. :frantics:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
well when i was up north this weekend my throttle was getting sticky and the TPS was killing the sled. never happened before. so we looked at the throttle bodies and inside the air box on the trail, and it looked all good. then we leaned it over on it's side and i took the belly pan off and popped the linkage off the oil pump to find that my spring wasn't attached and was causing the throttle to stick open sometimes. just a note my engine is spotless with no grease or any residue on anything. i think the spring can help get the throttle bodies closed. i think the spring pushed the oil pump down right? i am going to hook it back up and lube everything up. should solve this one. i was able to ride the rest of the weekend i just had to be aware of the problem. i almost had the let the throttle snap back closed in stead of using my thumb. this could solve alot of throttle sticking that people couldn't find the problem to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts