Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in the new accessory catolog that a remote start is offered only for the four-stroke models. I am interested in putting on the electric start and remote start, i know that it was offered on the sabercats. I've gotten a response back from one dealer that arctic cat is saying remote start can not be retrofitted to the f/c. Not sure what the big deal is or big differences, but if a sabercat has it, why not the f-7. Wiring is not a real big issue for me, avionics is my carreer, but of course i would like something that is plug and play. Anyone have some answers for me on this. Thanks. Imagine warming up your f/c from the hotel window while still pulling up the long johns, that would be sweet.......... :div20:

FF

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't work for the airlines, i work for a FBO, Wisconsin Aviation.

FF

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
well if you want plug and play, you will need the wiring harness, remote, reciever from an 04 sabercat lx, and an electric start kit for your sled.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
harness that just has to do with the remote start box, or including some other harnesses for that particular sled? Shouldn't be too big of a deal if it just a remote start harness imo?? thanks bud

FF

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to Browns's leisure world parts fiche to find the harness, i didn't find anything that dealt with the remote start?? this is what i found........

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
you will need to change the entire main harness, to get full functionality of the remote start, as the entire harness is different. the connector for the remote start is circled in red, the ignition switch connector is circled in blue. the new key switch will come in the electric start kit, there will also be an adapter harness that you wont need(its built into the sabercat lx main harness), and a new regulator that you will need (to charge the battery)

Krom

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmmmmmm, i think i may have to give up on that idea of a remote start then, i'm sure changing out the harness is a task and the harness it's self is a million dollars. Maybe i will just have to go with the electric start, i'll have to ponder.......

FF

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
You should investigate an aftermarket remote start. Some time ago I saw someone putting a alarm and start in a sled. I think it was a bike kit.

Edit. I found it at SW HERE If posting a link to SW is not allowed sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts