Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Rob,

I have noticed that you have quite a few suggestions going around on setup, etc. I have been trying to find out the best ideas to get my F7 Snopro to handle better. (1) adjust limiter strap (2) remove coupler blocks. You had sent a nice picture of the limiter strap in a previous message - do you have a picture of the coupler blocks? And, did you remove your coupler blocks as well? I sent a message a couple days ago titled "Is your F7 Tippy"? that explains the problems I was having. Let me know what you think - much appreciated, Butch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Butch@Jan 22 2003, 08:01 AM
Hey Rob,

I have noticed that you have quite a few suggestions going around on setup, etc. I have been trying to find out the best ideas to get my F7 Snopro to handle better. (1) adjust limiter strap (2) remove coupler blocks. You had sent a nice picture of the limiter strap in a previous message - do you have a picture of the coupler blocks? And, did you remove your coupler blocks as well? I sent a message a couple days ago titled "Is your F7 Tippy"? that explains the problems I was having. Let me know what you think - much appreciated, Butch
Try this setup as a staring point:

Jack up front of sled and unscrew front IFS shocks until the spring is actually loose and rattles. Then re-tighten it just until it doesn't rattle.

Now, let the sled down, and lay down next to it. Find the limiter straps and unbolt them at the top of the strap. Take the bolt out (noticing that there are three holes and the bolt is in the longest hole). Put the bolt in the middle hole, and reattach it in the suspension.

After doing both the limiter straps, now lift the sled rear at the bumper. Lay next to the sled again and reach in and loosen the front arm shock until it rattles.. And then re-tighten it just until it doesn't rattle (just as you did with the IFS shocks).

Next, look at the coupler blocks. These remove with an allen wrench. Loosen and remove the allen head bolt while holding the block. Store the parts in case you want to reinstall at a later date.

During all of this, take the time to look over your suspension for damage, and check all bolts for tightness. All suspension bolts should be periodically checked, this is a good habit to get into.

Use the rear torsion springs (spring blocks) to adjust for your weight and driving style. The suspension SHOULD bottom out once in a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts
should also mention that after all of this, you should turn your attention to the skis. Best option is to replace the Cat skis with a more aggressive aftermarket ski. But if you don't do that, at least get some aggressive carbides. The Cat ski/carbide combo totally sucks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot Rob. Will be taking care of all that tonight after I pickup from the dealer. I had pulled it over after the recoil rope was replaced a week ago and it never recoiled back - so I brought it back. I did change the carbide runners to Woody's 6 inch about 1 month ago, and noticed a difference but was still getting a push in the corners.

What aftermarket ski are you using, or do you recommend?

Thanks again.

Butch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts